TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chapter 1) MOAB
So who plans to attend the propossed Fall 2016 Moab gathering? Still lots of exploring to be done, sights to be seen, friends to ride with.... no one joined me for this ride, I was almost lonesome.:eek:

·
Registered
19,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Chapter 2) Alabama Hills
Folks have probably figured out I like the Alabama Hills at the base of Mt. Whitney on eastern slope of Sierra Mtns. This is a good Fall or Spring destination that would make a good Group Ride destination for any Southern California riders or simply a stop-over for anyone's trip into Death Valley.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Fred, what is the altitude of the area you are thinking of taking us? Anything above 5000ft I'm calling off limits.

The last ride in the Sierras I got a bit out of air. Tomorrow I see the heart fellow again to see what is going on. I am hoping they can get this under control. I am doing better here at sea level and did ok at Moab, just don't want to push my luck in the super high country.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Chapter 1) MOAB
So who plans to attend the propossed Fall 2016 Moab gathering? Still lots of exploring to be done, sights to be seen, friends to ride with.... no one joined me for this ride, I was almost lonesome.:eek:
Any we have yet another variation on TW "tunnel wanderer". There are days that I beg to be lonesome so it's not all bad Fred.

Tom

·
Registered
19,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Randall, July's proposed ride starts at my place around mile high and is planned to go up to maybe 7,300 briefly, but most of the day we would ride around 6,000 ft. Plumbstraight, to help with the elevation ask your Doc if he has any of that Tri-Ox Compound like what Bones gave Captain Kirk. If it works on planet Vulcan it might work here.:) Seriously, hope Doc can give you the OK. I owe you a better ride than last summer when you came down and had to help wrench Betty Boop half the time rather than enjoy quality rides. tos-amoktime30.jpg

·
Registered
19,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dryden-TDub, Tom you are such an excellent and entertaining forum member we really have to meet up sometime. How about in the middle of the country at next year's Moab? Lots of places to get away from the crowds.
21465bc8b91212677055f7910360777b.jpg

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Dryden-TDub, Tom you are such an excellent and entertaining forum member we really have to meet up sometime. How about in the middle of the country at next year's Moab? Lots of places to get away from the crowds.
View attachment 31010
By "middle of the country" you simply MUST be calculating north to south and not east to west. I will be posting my father's day gift once it arrives in the next few days. Since my three bike trailer drew no interest in a ride share last year I have changed directions a bit.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tom, I was going to tease you r.e. the three bike trailer getting put to good use. Anxiously awaiting your post-Father's Day revelation. One of these days?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts