TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went camping this last weekend to the East side of the state. Every year we go camp at Potholes Reservoir. We load the bikes up in the toy hauler and dry camp at the WDFW site/boat launch. My wife and I take an afternoon and ride through the Columbia National wildlife refuge. I went on one ride by myself and shot a few pics.

Fun ride about 60 miles or so. Checked out most of the small lakes formed by the dam seepage.

Here is a pic of the SeepLakes below the Dam

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
It's so dry for having so much water nearby. Gonna be a dry hot one out west here. I knew dams leaked, but so much to form lakes/ponds from seepage. Yikes!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Looks like a nice ride. You guys sure have some beautiful country in that corner of the world. Any fish in those lakes? Thanks for sharing your ride with us.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Looks like a nice ride. You guys sure have some beautiful country in that corner of the world. Any fish in those lakes? Thanks for sharing your ride with us.

Lots of fish. Bass and trout among others. For a dry and arid land, eastern Washington and especially Grant County sure have a lot of water. Hundreds of small lakes and a few huge ones.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Lots of fish. Bass and trout among others. For a dry and arid land, eastern Washington and especially Grant County sure have a lot of water. Hundreds of small lakes and a few huge ones.

Thanks. Sounds like it would be a great place to live if you like to fish.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Thanks for the trip down memory lane GH, we loved that area when we lived just North of it. Spent many a plesent afternoon exploring/fishing/hiking the whole 4700 acres. It's beautiful in the spring.

Admiral, your too funny!

Bag

1 - 9 of 9 Posts