TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the weather was too nice to not do it, so I decided to road test a new piece of gear.
P1010162.JPG

They're called "HillBilly Impact Shorts" and they work very well helping me cope with the pain from a serious lack of a butt!

I started by heading to Rancho Navarro, where I notice a friend of mine is getting a new well drilled.
P1010163.JPG

Then onto Flynn Creek road, towards Comptche. I was happy to see the little store is still in biz.
P1010165.JPG P1010166.JPG P1010167.JPG
:cool: m.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From there I headed east towards Ukiah. Soon I was getting into the redwoods proper. Look at the canopy on that one!
P1010170.JPG

Continuing on, I eventually arrived at Montgomery Woods.
P1010171.JPG P1010172.JPG P1010173.JPG
The woods are lovely dark and deep. But I've got promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep... :cool: m.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Those shorts are much sexier than the foam "falsies" you had stuffed in your pants @ Joemama's November Icy Ride. I suffer the same lack of padding and was considering bicyclist's gel pad shorts but Mike's has that rugged off-road Ex-Terminator look

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are WAY better than bicyclist's gel pad shorts, as they add a bunch of hip protection too!

One review on Amazon is by a paratrooper who is glad to have them. That cinched the deal for me to give 'em a try.

They doo look & feel better than the falsies I wore last ride.
:laughing9: :D :cool: m.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Sunday did look like a nice day to ride! I want those shorts. What size did you get? I'm a 33-34 waist. they said that would be small??

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sunday did look like a nice day to ride! I want those shorts. What size did you get? I'm a 33-34 waist. they said that would be small??
Hi Even! Yes, you want the small. That should fit properly. I ordered the medium as I have a 38" waist, and if I were a bit larger, I would need the next size up. I think anyone with a 40" + waist would want the large. The size chart in the first post on Amazon seems to be pretty close.

Nice! Did you wear the butt gear on the outside of your pants all day long or the inside?
Hi mountain redbelly! I wore them on the outside of my blue jeans, with my riding pants over that. In all seriousness, for hot weather riding I am going to consider just tidy whites, with the Hillbilly impact shorts over those, & my riding pants or protective equivalent. I don't believe these would fit under my regular jeans, no matter, they slip on & off easy enough. :cool: m.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doesn't look like you road rash tested them yet! :p
Hi Rocky! Yeah, I pray that I never ever have to test them in that manner. All kidding aside, apart from the comfort these have provided me, they also gave me a bit of comfort knowing that I would have much better protection on my hips & thighs than my riding pants alone provide. If they can lessen a bruise in a slide out, then they would be worth far more than I paid for them. :icon_thumright: m.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts