TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every March for the past 25 years we have had the Anderson Valley Variety Show! It started all those years ago to help raise funds to cover the costs of the new Grange building, as the old Grange building burned down in 1985. We don't call it a “Talent” show, as there's far more“Variety” than “Talent” on our stage. Every AV Variety Show has had an “opening act” usually related to something in the news or goings on around the valley, as a theme for the show opener. This year being the 25[SUP]th[/SUP], the “Silver Jubilee” as it were, a show opening featuring the“Original Grange” building was in order. But how to accomplish such a feat? The obvious answer, “A Time Machine!” But how? Who could accomplish such a thing... Perhaps... Mike's House of Madness??

How could “I” pass up such an opportunity! Armed with a budget of several dollars, and the help of MANY highly skilled volunteers, (or maybe they were just high, not precise on that...) we proceeded to construct a contraption, NO, a device that would make anyone knowledgeable in the ways of physics and engineering not only laugh to the point of pain, but question the foundation (or lack their of) our sanity! Yet, we prevailed! Here I present a few pictures illustrating the high degree of sophistication that such a device demands...

These“Shaped Charges” helped to propel the device to the velocities necessary to warp the fabric of time.
P1010184.JPG P1010182.JPG P1010183.JPG

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Boy Mike, how ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL that was. It really lifted my spirits. Would say you are very lucky living in a small community that can, on occasion, come together and bring a smile to all. Even me. Thanks again. Great job on the 'time machine'.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
That was pretty cool Mike.

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
Cool Mike! You are not only an inventive genius but a darn entertaining showman to boot. You have forever warped my space-time continuum.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is another act from the 2016 Anderson Valley Variety Show, that travels back in time... Purple, I hope you get to see this!

A star in the making! m.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
OOOHH!! And here's one for Fred! And yes, that's me with the florescent Top Hat at aprox 8:30! :D:eek:;) m.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
lets do the time warp agaaaaaaain!
cool mike!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts