TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock t34 rear tire / Michelin T63 front tire. Snow/ black ice road test. sorry about camera angle and audio vibrations, camera mount got whacked by some tree branches earlier that day. The T63 had no problems in snow and slush , but the rear tire lost traction near end of video while i was accelerating uphill. i found that as long as i accelerated before the hill and then eased off while climbing, the traction issue was less apparent. duh!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XlTuWrmsG8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

·
Registered
13,915 Posts
Nice little ride in the snow. Snow is not my friend and I've had the same "wiggle" as you with the rear tire. Next time I get "caught" in the snow, I'm gonna drop my rear tire pressure so much that it will look flat, and even with that I don't know if it will work or if I will feel comfortable. Interesting your audio vibration sounds. Sounds very similar to a problem I have. I thought it was internal camera vibration sounds, but maybe it's picking up the sounds from the brake/clutch handles or some other sound near the handle bars. Next time I go out with my camera making a video, I'm gonna really tape over the camera mic. Just like yours, the sound disapates when going slower or very low RPM's.

If you don't mind, could you take a picture of your mount and post it? I'm still very open to camera mount options.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice little ride in the snow. Snow is not my friend and I've had the same "wiggle" as you with the rear tire. Next time I get "caught" in the snow, I'm gonna drop my rear tire pressure so much that it will look flat, and even with that I don't know if it will work or if I will feel comfortable. Interesting your audio vibration sounds. Sounds very similar to a problem I have. I thought it was internal camera vibration sounds, but maybe it's picking up the sounds from the brake/clutch handles or some other sound near the handle bars. Next time I go out with my camera making a video, I'm gonna really tape over the camera mic. Just like yours, the sound disapates when going slower or very low RPM's.

If you don't mind, could you take a picture of your mount and post it? I'm still very open to camera mount options.

Thanks for posting.

Admiral. here are the pics of my handlebar mount and an idea i came up with to dampen the bad vibes. Bubblewrap to the rescue.. also i should point out the real cause of the vibrations was a small lock i neglected to remove from the handlebars. Once i removed the loose objects installed the bubblewrap the sound quality improved. Now i need to recharge the camera battery so i can post a proper "before and after" video.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts