TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TWers, I wanted to pass along some information about a trail ride coming up hosted by the Northern Virginal Trail Riders Club. I have personally never done a big group ride like this before, but I figure you have to start somewhere...and it might just be a blast! I will copy some of the information onto the post and attach a link to the actual flyer. Hope to see you there!

"The Northern Virginia Trail Riders have teamed up with the Optimist Club of King George to bring you a great trail ride and a heart-warming fund raising event! All proceeds will go toward “Bringing Out The Best In Kids” in King George County! Please come out, have fun and support this hard working and worthy organization."

Where:Eagle Bay - Near Fredericksburg, VA

When:Sunday, April 3rd

Sign-Up Opens at 7:30am

Riders Meeting at 9:30am

Ride Starts at 10:00am

BIKES ONLY – NO QUADS!

Minimum Total Donation:

Adults: $30 each, Under 16: $20 each

Make check or money order payable to King George

Area Optimist Club
. Lunch at 12pm is included!

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I wonder if thats close to the old MX track I used to race on in the 70's? Anyhow kick up some clay dust for this old former dirt nut.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for posting that event up DCTW. And please repost next year. I print out the flyers and file away so I am able to plan for dual sport rides in the future. Wish more members would post up the events in there area. Thanks again. Capt D.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm tryin to get a few friends to do this. I did the district 7 harescramble there. The trails are pretty good and we had alot of fun. My buddies kid did his 1st race and he got a trophy and talked smack to all of us afterwards sayin "you wanna hold my trophy" I hope some of you guy's can make this ride it's gonna be a blast and it's for a good cause.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks like we're gettin the band back together and will be there. Lookin forward to a day in the dirt. Now what to ride I sold my Cr 250 and all I have are my TDub or Xt 350 or the TTR 125 I bought for my daughter. Whatever bike I ride it'll definately be a blast.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got this message:

THIS SUNDAY - NVTR Spring Trail Ride (King George, VA)

The weather looks really great for Sunday!! - Sunny with a high around 61

http://www.facebook.com/l/84efbPrcw4lpx7T_cNhSCQ5nFPQ/www.accuweather.com/us/va/king-george/22485/forecast-weekends.asp

DOWNLOAD THE EVENT FLYER - http://www.facebook.com/l/84efbdODQB2_9w-Pf5m0nI10dqw/nvtr.org/

*NEW THIS YEAR* - "Spring Trail Ride" t-shirts will be available at sign-up for $10 each, with all proceeds (like your event entry fee) going to the local Optimist Club.

The annual NVTR Spring Trail Ride is this Sunday, April 3rd at Eagle Bay in King George, VA, (just east of Fredericksburg). As in years past, all proceeds from the event will go to the local Optimist Club.

This is a great fun family event for riders of all ages and skill levels. We have loops for peewee, novice, intermediate and expert riders. The event is held on very limited access private land. The trails are well maintained throughout the year and are not abused. The event is scored as a Match Trial, where you compete against yourself to ride the most consistent back to back lap times without using any timekeeping devices. Trophies and awards will be given out at the end of the day for the riders with the most consistent laps. Come check it out, you're sure to have a good time!

For All Youth, Please Note - Youth Waiver (AMA Off-Road Minor Release):

http://www.facebook.com/l/84efbU34jDMSpoKbR3NgSg5SVVQ/www.americanmotorcyclist.com/asp/organizers/resources/forms/Releases/OffRoadMINOR.pdf

This form is two pages and it needs to be printed in color. If only one parent is going to attend there needs to be a notarized form stating the other parent agrees to the waiver.

Address for Eagle Bay (to use for GPS):

10000 Fitzhugh Lane

King George, VA

GPS Coordinates for Eagle Bay:

N38 19.924 W77 12.450

Hope to see you there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts