TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TW200, first motorcycle
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well loaded the pack is only 32lbs. My new cycle rack can handle it. The idea is I take this gravel road to my camp site and remove it and set up camp. Then I'm free to roam.

But 33" didn't sound that wide til I mounted it. But I'm not going up any mountains or between narrow gaps with it on.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Around here we would call that a Ron Smith mistake. Way too darned wide and bulky but I kinda like it.

Signed... Ron Smith.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
One good thing- if you drop the bike, very little, if anything Yamaha is going to touch the ground.
I'm kinda falling in love with it. Thing about making an aluminum tray i can quick attach to the cycleracks rear and rubberize

·
Registered
615 Posts
You definitely made a pack mule out of that little goat !
Mike from NC

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got tired if having to pack in a 82 liter pack uphill to get all my camping and photography gear or making two trips. So I bought a motorcycle and the Ogio.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I carried a 12x12 EZ/up (collapsed of course) that way a few times. Differences are; have to remember to stay in the center of the lane when going straight. Don't move to the right edge to let someone pass because they will think there is more room than there is. Turning a corner was the biggest difference. I would go slower and stay more upright; taking it wide like a big rig would (after I almost clipped something on the sidewalk the first time). You're not as wide (well; I don't know about you - but (or butt) :) your bike set-up isn't; so I'm sure you'll be fine.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Reminds me of 1973 when I was stationed at Great Lakes NTC near Chicago. I wrecked my Honda 750, and my right ankle and hip, on the front of a Dodge Charger. When I was finally out of bed and up on crutches, the Doctor sent me home on leave for a month.

I had just bought a new Suzuki GT750 the day before my wreck. I didn't want to fly back to Oregon, so a couple of buddies helped me perfect a system of getting on and off, and riding, the new bike without using my right leg. The ankle was in a cast and the hip was healing fine but I was not supposed to put weight on it for another 3 months.

So, off I go toward the sunset with my seabag and my crutches tied on sideways like an idiot. I got used to braking only with the front brake and I got used to always leaning only to the left at every stop.

I did not get used to the sunburned toes sticking out of the cast or the broken toes. Yes, I hit a cute little bird at 103 mph dead center on those sun/wind burned toes sticking out of the cast. Soggy, smelly chunks of him/her were up on top of my foot when they took that cast off 3 weeks later.

Henry, you'll do fine with that bag.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reminds me of 1973 when I was stationed at Great Lakes NTC near Chicago. I wrecked my Honda 750, and my right ankle and hip, on the front of a Dodge Charger. When I was finally out of bed and up on crutches, the Doctor sent me home on leave for a month.

I had just bought a new Suzuki GT750 the day before my wreck. I didn't want to fly back to Oregon, so a couple of buddies helped me perfect a system of getting on and off, and riding, the new bike without using my right leg. The ankle was in a cast and the hip was healing fine but I was not supposed to put weight on it for another 3 months.

So, off I go toward the sunset with my seabag and my crutches tied on sideways like an idiot. I got used to braking only with the front brake and I got used to always leaning only to the left at every stop.

I did not get used to the sunburned toes sticking out of the cast or the broken toes. Yes, I hit a cute little bird at 103 mph dead center on those sun/wind burned toes sticking out of the cast. Soggy, smelly chunks of him/her were up on top of my foot when they took that cast off 3 weeks later.

Henry, you'll do fine with that bag.

Reminds me of when I hit an owl driving from alaska back to the states. Hit an owl and had to drive home with a flannel shirt covering the hole in the windshield and the sleeves closed in the doors.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts