TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy from the Boont region to everyone & all on the forum!! Some have noticed I have not been around posting & boasting lately. Without going into loads of details, simply put, I'm SNAFU at the moment. Back on April 2nd. something happened in my back, and I've been playing the wait & see game with the doctor since. Finally, about a month ago, he agreed that an MRI might be a good idea, and so last week I learned that the scan does show a problem of some sort in my upper back. So at the moment he has me on a treatment of Prednisone to see if that will bring down any inflammation, & possibly help see which way to go from here.

Several avenues of treatment have been suggested to me by friends & locals, from yoga and energy transfer healing, to rusty nails & jumper cables.

I likely will have to try some of these things, and seek the help of someone other than just my general practitioner. Physical therapy is likely to be the best bet, as strength can help hold all that stuff together, and make it possible to get on with things, like RIDDING!

In the mean time, I start the bike every so often, make sure it's all good to go, & it does need the dust washed off of it. I am keeping it ready for when I am ready to climb back in the saddle. I am highly motivated to try and be in that state soon.

OK, enough whining out of me. I'll get better, nuf said. :D m.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Jumper cables and hammer in hand. Awaiting further instructions.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cortisone shot worked for me. Flipped 4 times in a car and almost ran ovrr by big rig when younger. Told wouldnt walk again. I replied with "you obviously don't know me. I cant be slowed down by a bad back I have to go to work". Lol. Staying mobile helps me.you should look into the longevity product line for help. Good supplements for rebuilding ones self. Easy route is cortison shot. Always my last resort though. I would rather crawl around then go to the hospital and take their poison. But when I can't crawl anymore , my wife throws me over her shoulder and takes me to the hospital reluctantly on my end of course.

Cause iMma Man.<-(Grunts);)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... Liz, I tried but could not reach my jumper cables today, serves me right for hanging them up for easy access.

Chris209, that gives me motivation. I am going to check with another doctor tomorrow, through my boss, he's got an in with a highly recommended guy up here. I'll search the under-web for the "Longevity product line", or, if you want please pm me w/ link. I am open to trying that, supplements are a good thing, and far better than surgery or shots.

More soon, m.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use the beyond tangy tangerine. And the rebound fx. Our bodies need alot of nutrients a day to heal and repair itself. These help me. I recover faster now after a good riding day than when I was younger . And I had a nutritionist guy telling me what was best for me back then. But yeah they helped me. And kinda cool there from norcal.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All the better! And thank you for helping to narrow the product range. A lot there to choose from! m.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts