TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the TW a couple of weeks and trying to get a feel for how many miles people are getting out of stock tanks before having to switch to reserve. Also would like some input how many miles you get out of the reserve position.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just bought the TW a couple of weeks and trying to get a feel for how many miles people are getting out of stock tanks before having to switch to reserve. Also would like some input how many miles you get out of the reserve position.
Reserve at about 80 and 90-100 till out.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
about a 100 miles here. Not sure about reserve because fill tank back up with my kolpin jr fuel pack mounted on rear rack.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Assuming that's considerably less for trail/dirt?

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
My spirence:

Highway only usually around 56-58 miles before switch.

Mix highway/trail; 70-80

Trail only 110.

Never ran reserve till end, always refilled before than

·
Registered
78 Posts
Interesting that trails are getting better mileage.

I commute street/highway daily about 18 miles round trip. 14 of that is highway at 45-65 mph (traffic).

I generally fill up between 80 and 85 miles (actually 81.68 as shown below) and never have to go to reserve. I had a brain fart a few weeks back and realized I was at 96 miles between fill-ups and still had not switched to reserve.

I started tracking fuel/ mileage for every fill-up starting 11/02/2010

Tires @ 20lbs, 14/50 gears.

5327 miles

Avg MPG 72.021

Min MPG 64.481

Max MPG 79.032

Avg Fill-up: 1.13 Gal

Avg Miles / Fill-up: 81.68

·
Registered
152 Posts
With 14/50 gearing ... About 100 miles until I switch to reserve riding both street and trail ... even with wheelies.

I've ran it up to 120 miles total before refilling.

With 14/47 gearing ... about 15 miles MORE per tank.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
When I was in Death Valley on my new 2010, geared down to 13/50, I got to reserve at 90 miles, and rode another 15 before filling. Just estimating, since I filled from a can, I would go dry tank at 125 miles. This was mostly in third and fourth on horrible washboard, but apparently T-dubs don't change mileage much unless in really bad headwind conditions at full throttle.

Keep track of your mileage until you have it dialed for your bike as they are not all as high mileage as mine, and carry a liter of fuel during the process of testing so you can really go to a dry tank. As a general rule I will not plan a ride over 100 miles without a fuel stop or extra can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts