TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getty really Raunchy MPG on Tdub. Loghouse nut stopped by and took a look. I never had any fuel leaking on ground. He felt under carb and was wet. I changed float bowl gskt, which was wasted, put a new plug in it. Now im getting 63 mpg up from about 30. So nice!! Thanks to everyone that responded to my problem. TWs Forever!!!

·
Registered
20,732 Posts
Good news El Viejo!
Looks like Loghouse nut is turning out to be a very helpful forum member...one of a bunch of fairly new members it would sure be nice to meet in person someday and go for a ride or two.
So here's raising a toast to you all.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I was getty really Raunchy MPG on Tdub. Loghouse nut stopped by and took a look. I never had any fuel leaking on ground. He felt under carb and was wet. I changed float bowl gskt, which was wasted, put a new plug in it. Now im getting 63 mpg up from about 30. So nice!! Thanks to everyone that responded to my problem. TWs Forever!!!
I thought Loghouse was meandering down Route 66!

Marty

Reactions: El Viejo

·
Registered
838 Posts
Good news El Viejo!
Looks like Loghouse nut is turning out to be a very helpful forum member...one of a bunch of fairly new members it would sure be nice to meet in person someday and go for a ride or two.
View attachment 208849
I do believe if I was in law enforcement and ever ran into Fred, I would have to write him up for having too much fun!

Marty

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news El Viejo!
View attachment 208849
Man Fred!!! Wish I was Rhee Toasting With YA!!!!
I thought Loghouse was meandering down Route 66!

Marty
Last I heard he was. Might have finished trip.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Man Fred!!! Wish I was Rhee Toasting With YA!!!!

Last I heard he was. Might have finished trip.
Finished it? Not by a long shot. We are currently in Cuba!

And just yesterday, we ate some fudge from Uranus

Uranus is famous for it's fudge but they also have a dedicated Police Force (I hate to use the word force in a sentence with Uranus)

And there is a zoo in Uranus

They have a newspaper. I heard they needed a part time photographer in Uranus but did not apply... I am squeamish.

Never a full moment in Uranus

I caught these two ladies getting ready to enter Uranus... Does that mean they might not be ladies?

I will call them friends. They were definitely friendly.

Most surprising of all. I found Salmon Eggs and Catfish Bait in Uranus. I wonder if that will mask the fishy taste?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Did I mention that Cuba and Uranus are both on Missouri?

Yes, this is day 22 since leaving the Pier in Santa Monica. Just me and the Woman I love and our little one eyed Chihuahua in the 30 year old Toyota Motorhome.

Been a great trip. No timeline. Good company. Plenty to do. We are trying to hit every little chunk of the old road as possible and a lot of those chunks of road are pretty rough, especially in Oklahoma. This little Toyota is not known for speed, but filling it full of dishes, silverware, pots, pans, and all that other junk amplifies every expansion joint and pothole, and Oklahoma has thousands of acres of both.

Having a theme instead of a deadline slows us down without the worry. We get to see all those things that our parents wouldn't let us see as we were peeing in a pop bottle because we couldn't stop.

One day, we made 20oled of progress

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Randy, it is nice to finally, for once in my life, play a part in diagnosing a problem. Sometimes being nosey can help out.

Glad to hear you are no longer getting Honda Valkyrie fuel mileage.

That Cyclerack that you sold me for too cheap exactly fits the contour of the back of my driver seat and it keeps that darned little blind dog from jumping up front every time we get out.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,732 Posts
" With a theme instead of a deadline" -what a poetic way to roll... not just through Missouri & Route 66 but perhaps through life too.
Great photos & stories!

Reactions: El Viejo

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you arrive back home i would love a Road Trip and TW Ride with you. Now that that i can go more than 40 miles on a rank!!! 😆

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good news El Viejo!
View attachment 208849
Say Fred what part of country are you located in? Would love to meet up and have a Toast!!!

·
Registered
20,732 Posts
I'm located between Reno Nevada & Truckee California , chosen for proximity to year round riding opportunities in the Sierras and high desert of Nevada. Heading out tomorrow for another mini-trip to an aspen draped mountain pass just east of main chain of the Sierras. Interesting to be up atop one range looking out to another chain.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm located between Reno Nevada & Truckee California , chosen for proximity to year round riding opportunities in the Sierras and high desert of Nevada. Heading out tomorrow for another mini-trip to an aspen draped mountain pass just east of main chain of the Sierras. Interesting to be up atop one range looking out to another chain.
View attachment 208893
So you are in TW Heaven then!!!! Don't know alot of riding areas up that way. Maybe one day we could hook up for a Ride!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts