TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Theres the tube bike the British Air dropped in during ww2. I dont recall what it was called but it was a little mini bike that folded up into a tube and then got dropped to the battlefield.
The British Airborne Paratrooper Scooter was....."The Welbike". It was introduced so late in the campaign that most were not deployed.

TiredIron

·
Registered
729 Posts
Theres the tube bike the British Air dropped in during ww2. I dont recall what it was called but it was a little mini bike that folded up into a tube and then got dropped to the battlefield.
Pretty sure that is what I posted a picture of in post 18. A welbike, with a Villiers 98cc engine.

Reactions: Will9519

·
Registered
2021 stock TW200
8 Posts
I have a USMC M1030B1 which is the KLR650 modified for the Marine Corps. The differences are deletion of the kickstand and clutch safety switches, addition of military lighting, early style fairing, large Desert Dynamics fuel tank and also the brush guards for the hand grips and engine. There is also a different shock absorber than a stock KLR.
Rides like a heavy dual sport bike... I have never ridden a stock KLR so I cant compare it.
The diesel models (M1030M1) are very hard to find, I estimate 10-12 of them are in civilian hands. There is a guy who purchased 4 or 6 of them and tried to resell for a high number with minimal success. They are out there but you have to be ready to pay north of $10,000 if you find one for sale.

View attachment 218796 View attachment 218798 View attachment 218799
I have a USMC M1030B1 which is the KLR650 modified for the Marine Corps. The differences are deletion of the kickstand and clutch safety switches, addition of military lighting, early style fairing, large Desert Dynamics fuel tank and also the brush guards for the hand grips and engine. There is also a different shock absorber than a stock KLR.
Rides like a heavy dual sport bike... I have never ridden a stock KLR so I cant compare it.
The diesel models (M1030M1) are very hard to find, I estimate 10-12 of them are in civilian hands. There is a guy who purchased 4 or 6 of them and tried to resell for a high number with minimal success. They are out there but you have to be ready to pay north of $10,000 if you find one for sale.

View attachment 218796 View attachment 218798 View attachment 218799
scotty kilmer had one on his youtube Chanel a while back

21 - 23 of 23 Posts