TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a CycleRacks rear rack, and originally had a milk crate u-bolted to the top to throw a few things in, for my less-than-2mile commute.

I purchased the bag supports for the rear rack to add soft bags or slim cases for beach and/or camp gear. Then I had an idea to slice the milk crate in half on the table saw, and mount each half to the bag supports.

I attached each half-crate to a piece of 1/2 inch plywood with a pneumatic staple gun, and then drilled the plywood and bolted it to the bag support.

My dogs love them. Let me know what you think!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Excellent job Tim. I’m jealous that you can commute to work and less then two miles.

What’s the length of the staples that you used?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Great job/idea. Even if your pups didn't like them, I do.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I love it when people re-purpose stuff. How about drilling some holes in the wood then threading some cable ties through to back up your staples?
I thought about the same idea after seeing the price of the staple guns. A couple short deck screws with washers on the top and bottom and tie wraps in between.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I love a guy who takes good care of his pooches!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I ordered this guy...a Foldo Extendo-Milk Crate!

Streamlined for racing & beer runs:

Extended for camping & beer runs plus ice:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
My Father took his milk crate to a local uphoistery shop and had a cover made from boat fabric. With a grab handle and side pouches it made his crate look good.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I ordered this guy...a Foldo Extendo-Milk Crate!

Streamlined for racing & beer runs:

Extended for camping & beer runs plus ice:
I could put a bushel of Blue Crabs in that bad boy.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Now you're talking!
I'll bring the beer...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Excellent job Tim. I’m jealous that you can commute to work and less then two miles.

What’s the length of the staples that you used?
Yes, I highly recommend moving closer to where you work, or finding a job near home. Major quality of life improvement.

The staples are 1.25"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love it when people re-purpose stuff. How about drilling some holes in the wood then threading some cable ties through to back up your staples?
Yes repurposing always feels good. Great idea with the zipties!!! May do that tmrw, thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts