TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to build one this winter,using a JD140H3 garden tractor as the basis. I've decided upon using mini-excavator rubber tracks ; and of course the undercarriage will have to be fabricated for all of this to have to proper proportional look of a real dozer. I'm very interested in using one of the many mil-surplus Teledyne 4A032 flat four cyl. engines. By chance does anyone else have interest in mini-dozers ? I've seen a few 'in person' and several on the 'Net.The quality level and designs greatly very,as one might imagine. Neat little machines.....like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Please do not show me really cool things like that.
If I start getting involved with those things, I will definitely have to start looking for a new place to live....

Very cool otherwise!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Please do not show me really cool things like that.
If I start getting involved with those things, I will definitely have to start looking for a new place to live....

Very cool otherwise!
+1! I have never heard of or seen these, very cool! I hope you build one and share the process with us!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
minature dozers

This is the Teledyne 4 cyl. engine I'll be using. These were manufactured from 1968 thru 1992 or so; used on APU's,field generators,etc.,etc. rated at 6HP,they are in fact 18HP,with lightly modded units approaching 40HP(in one man air boats,light aircraft,etc.). This particular engine is dated 11/89, new in da box......

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Have you thought of using a Chinese diesel engine in it? I put a 6 hp in my Speedex (work in progress). That little dozer looks tempting.

·
Registered
188 Posts
google the Ditch Witch SK750. I have one and the track set up resembles a few small rims along with an idler wheel and a high drive motor. ( http://i.ytimg.com/vi/VlsP20wBO34/maxresdefault.jpg ) You can purchase new rubber track from Solid Deal ,Rubber Tracks | Skid Steer Tires | Tracks and Tires . I have an account with them and if you know what you need, I can get you a quote. Also a used Dingo or Kanga, or any mini skid steer loader may be a good starting point to get your undercarriage parts. Im sure there are some used units with bad motors out there some where .

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Struck is still in business(Wisconsin). The JD crawler in the picture is using an early set of Struck flat plate tracks and sprockets.

RE the diesel engine-I've been offered an e-start 12 diesel,but a single cylinder would be best if paired with a manual trans to take advantage of it's lugging torque. I'm using a JD318 transaxle,which is best utilized with a powerplant designed for sustained rpm(1000-3600RPM).

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I used to lust after the Struck MAgnatrac and the Mini Beep. Living in the Bronx as a kid, I would never have had a place to use it.

I'd have to be torn away from one if I found one for sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts