TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I'm in the market for a mini tire inflator. Looking forward to this discussion.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was using the little 12v one in the slime kits. It accidently got sold with the four wheeler. Been using a CO2 with 16g tanks for when i come out of the woods but at 1$ a cartridge to bring two tires from 12 to 18, it's getting old quick. But at least it fits in a jacket pocket.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Using a similar one that's plastic and florescent green so I'm less likely to leave it lay somewhere lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blake have you found anywhere to get the cartridges cheap. Only decent deal i find was Amazon 30 for 30 but you have to run a die over the threads. They clean up pretty easy though.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Blake have you found anywhere to get the cartridges cheap. Only decent deal i find was Amazon 30 for 30 but you have to run a die over the threads. They clean up pretty easy though.
The CO2 filler I use punctures the cartridge, the cartridge isn't threaded. The ones I bought here:

Crosman 12-Gram CO2 Powerlet Cartridges For Use With Air Rifles And Air Pistols Amazon.com : Crosman 12-Gram CO2 Powerlet Cartridges For Use With Air Rifles And Air Pistols : Hunting And Shooting Equipment : Sports & Outdoors

25 for $24ish I think it's like most stuff nowadays, just getting expensive.

·
Super Moderator
14,431 Posts
Looks like a remote controller for a TV. They still make TV's don't they? Kind of pricey so I hope it works on something larger than a bicycle tire.

·
Registered
21,406 Posts
INMHO one can go through a very large number of CO2 cartridges with a rear tire issue so I abandoned the one with its half dozen cartridges I used to carry.
I relied instead on a aerosol cans of Flat-fix hose clamped to the sub-frame for many years until one burst making a significant mess.
Now a small 12v airpump travels from bike to bike, one with a recessed on-off switch.
While the XIAOMI Mini Iooks quality I have also noticed many of the other modern Li-battery pumps look to have ON switches that appear to be easily inadvertently activated. All batteries should see periodic monitoring and re-charging if needed,

·
Registered
608 Posts
Never had a Fix a Flat can pop on me, but had a full can of starting fluid get wedged just right under the air seat in the log truck once. Of course I was driving slow into a rough landing or I could not have bounced hard enough to puncture it. Sure made the cab smell like sleepy time.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts