TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any others had this problem? I ordered a left and a right mirror extensions from Amazon.
Right hand mirror on TDub has a left hand thread. Both extensions although marked left and right on the packaging come with a right hand bolt. I think I am going to have a tough time finding a left hand thread bolt. For the price of these things it is hardly worth sending one back.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
I do not recall who the vendor was but I saw for sale on internet an adapter piece with both clockwise and couter-clockwise threads for just this problem. Maybe someone else with better memory or internet search skills can point you in right direction.

·
Registered
264 Posts
There are several vendors that sell adapters, I think that Pro Cycle sells them. Since mine was stripped I ended up drilling it out and installed a heli-coil insert with right hand threads.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
The manufacturer / seller should have sent you a LH threaded bolt for the right side.

Check out Luckybike.com ( SKU # 122-100).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mirror extensions I bought came from luckbike. I bought a right and a left both have right hand threaded bolts.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I get an "Error 503" when I click on the link ?.
Sorry, Frog...it works from my iPad.

Nevertheless, it is an example of the adapter from Twistedthrottle.com that is readily available from most parts vendors.

jb

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
There are several vendors that sell adapters, I think that Pro Cycle sells them. Since mine was stripped I ended up drilling it out and installed a heli-coil insert with right hand threads.
Here is the adapter that ProCycle sells:
mirroradapter_tb.jpg
Description:
"This adaptor will give you more mirror choices. The TW200 requires a mirror with reverse threads on the right (throttle) side of the handlebars. This adaptor allows you to mount a mirror with standard 10mm threads on the right side of your handlebar. This opens up many options for your mirrors, choose any 10mm mirror for your T-Dub!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts