TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order the ram mirror mount. Do I want the 9mm with one inch ball or 11mm with inch ball. I only need the mirror mount.

Next...my muffler has an eye for a mounting bolt and the frame of the bike has a boss for a bolt. I have nothing there. Did I lose and exhaust bracket last year. If so do any of yous guys have a part number? Thanks

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Michael Peter is correct the muffler has 2 mounting points one back near the turn signal and the other in the "Y" of the frame theres a hole in the frame and there should be a welded on "boss" on your muffler with a nut welded or captured in place. Honestly having just one of the mounts would probably suffice they are fairly rugged and theres not a lot of muffler / pipe movement to worry about

the Ram mount stud is probably the 11mm but double check my guess on that

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Michael re exhaust if you are running an aftermarket muffler like DG or FMF they are much lighter than the OEM pipe and they do not use a mid point mount bolt or bracket

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank all of you. The bike bandit diagram fixed the exhaust issue. I can always drill out the 9mm hole to 11 if I guess wrong on my order. I always thank you guys for quick and valuable help.

·
Registered
457 Posts
My DG mounted exactly like the OEM last week. Put it on and took it off a few days later. The rear bolt is bigger than the mid mount and you will need the rear at the very least but mine had a bracket on the mid point that will rattle like a bucket of bolts on a tin roof if you do not use it as well. If it was sae it would be 5/16" ish just for size reference, but just stop and grab a couple of metric bolts 3/4" to 1" long in that size range and you will hit it. Yamaha parts did not specify.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked up 3 bolts and washers this morning. Right off the microfiche. Fred is right. OEM Yamaha hardware is the best hardware in the world. Nobody should use any other hardware on their TW but OEM off the microfiche hardware with a p/n. It makes the bike go faster. It is built by Yamaha for Yamaha. Also note that the oem bolt is grade 8. You do not want it to break off in the boss and welded nut. Especially if the one that broke in there is grade 8...yes I have extractors. If you cannot buy it locally, Bikebandit is a great company to deal with. Their diagrams are always good also...it is just frustrating when you see you part and they do not carry it.

Thank you Fred. MBW

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also...on the mirror pedestal mount...my question has nothing to do with threads...that is a red herring. My question is that the mirror has to pass through a hole in the mount. Is the diameter of the mirror 9mm or 11mm. Please think like what size washer would go between the mirror and a fastening nut. 9mm or 11mm. Thank you. MBW

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Also...on the mirror pedestal mount...my question has nothing to do with threads...that is a red herring. My question is that the mirror has to pass through a hole in the mount. Is the diameter of the mirror 9mm or 11mm. Please think like what size washer would go between the mirror and a fastening nut. 9mm or 11mm. Thank you. MBW
According to ToolmanJohn in the thread linked: "The mirror threads are metric M10x1.25"
Don't understand your reference to a hole? Got a pic?

Heading for SoCal in an hour or so, not expecting to log on again for a while.

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Ride safe Doc, see ya when you get back. We'll expect a full report... ;)
According to ToolmanJohn in the thread linked: "The mirror threads are metric M10x1.25"
Don't understand your reference to a hole? Got a pic?

Heading for SoCal in an hour or so, not expecting to log on again for a while.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
...If it was sae it would be 5/16" ish just for size reference.
For easy reference:

1/4 (0.250") close to 6 mm (0.2362"), 10 mm hex heads common, 4 mm Allen wrench for flat and button heads, 5 mm Allen for socket heads

5/16 (0.3125) close to 8 mm (0.3149") 12 mm hex heads common, sometimes 13 mm, 5 mm Allen for flat and button heads, 6 mm Allen for socket heads

3/8 (0.3750) close to 10 mm (0.3937") 14 mm hex heads common, sometimes 15 mm, 6 mm Allen for flat and button heads, 8 mm Allen for socket heads

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Ride safe Doc, see ya when you get back. We'll expect a full report... ;)
If I don't freeze my fingers off at Mountain Pass (~70 miles south of here), it should be a good ride.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts