TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m loving the TW so far! Took it on a 25 mile journey this weekend and it was way more fun than I was expecting.

I’m looking at a couple of upgrades at this point, one being the mirrors. They’re ok, but I definitely could use some better visibility. If possible I would like something a little larger than stock, but also fits in the existing mirror mount site.

Do you have any recommendations for aftermarket mirrors that improve rear-facing visibility?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't think there are any aftermarket big mirrors,for a dual-sport moto at least.There are a couple options but they are styled for cruisers.
Search for "blind spot mirror" that stick at your existing mirror.
VNP2B4C5UZERZKXKUN2XWEYULI.JPG

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you're looking for a wider field of view to better watch traffic, the Double Take Adventure mirror kit is among the $$ best. Also look at the black rectangular mirrors available from aftermarket suppliers such as Bikemaster. Beware tho: If I recall correctly, the right side mirror has a reverse thread, which requires an adapter to mount most aftermarket mirror.

I've simply adapted to the round TW mirrors, moving my head for a quick glimpse of what's going on behind/around me. But then, I generally do not ride in high traffic areas.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
There are a gazillion mirrors on eBay.
+1 on rectangular mirrors...from eBay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the recommendations! I’ll see what kind of rectangle mirrors I can find. Also, I just received the JNS LED headlight in black...I hope to install and post pics tonight.

·
Registered
19,419 Posts
If you don't find rectangular to your liking I can recommend folding mirrors like these EMGO from Dennis Kirk, I believe. mymirrorjpeg.jpeg

They are pretty adjustable & foldable yet are relatively vibration free. I leave them deployed in the woods and just let branches fold them in as needed. A tree did eat one one once, along with a Jimbo Shield. The replacement mirror from Dennis Kirk featured a wider angle than the decade old shattered mirror it replaced. Available left and right ( reverse threads).

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I installed the Bikemaster rectangular on my TW and liked them, no vibration. I also bought the same for my other Yamaha. Usually bought separately is cheaper. You can buy the right side mirrors with reverse threads which requires no adapter.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have the folding mirrors Fred suggested. I LOVE them on the trail! They fold down completely out of the way. I can see well enough on the road and always do a head swivel before turning to check blind spits anyways...

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up going with the DoubleTake Adventure mirrors with the Ram Mount system. They’re a little pricey but so far appear to be top notch quality, and give me the option to quickly fold them in on trails. There was some very slight vibration at 45mph+, but I’m going make some adjustments to try to eliminate it.

Thanks again for the recommendations, here’s some pics from a beautiful 85 degree Texas day this afternoon!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts