TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard a couple other people complain about how bad the stock mirrors vibrate at higher speeds. Mine would vibrate so bad at 55mph+ that all I could see in them would be a big blur. A few days ago, I took a couple large sized (18") Nite Ize rubber cargo ties, and wrapped one around each mirror stem. Today I rode with them for the first time and they probably reduced my mirror vibration by 60% or better. I could see cars behind me in my mirrors at 65mph no problem, although if I used 2 of these per mirror it would probably work even better. Here's a link to what I'm talking about: New Authentic Nite Ize Gear Reusable 18" Rubber Twist Tie Blue GT18 2pk 03 | eBay I see these for sale in a lot of places. It's a good cheap, easily removable solution.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
that's strange, I don't get any vibrations in my mirrors. where is yours coming from, engine or road?

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
my stock mirrors are like the rock of gibraltar.... it's my double-take mirrors that shake like a case of dt.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
that's strange, I don't get any vibrations in my mirrors. where is yours coming from, engine or road?
I'm guessing the knobbies. You can see clearly in your stock mirrors at 60mph? A friend of mine has a new 2016 and it does the same.

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
736 Posts
mine are a bit shaky too...most of my bikes have been, not so bad I cant see, but a bit buzzy...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Back in the day (Triumphs, BSAs, etc.) we would take a spool of solder and wrap it round & round the mirror stem.
It worked...

IDIT: I didn't mean use the whole spool!
Just enough for one round, end to end.

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
477 Posts
My mirrors used to be clear when I had the stock bars. I put a set of thick walled aluminum fly racing bars on it and now at anything over 60, my mirrors are a blur.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts