TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I have been taking unneeded parts off of my project bike. I am certain to identify additional parts in the future. I know I will be keeping the forks, steering head, swing arm and frame, axles, etc.

As I go, I will update this list. Fee free to ask for odd items, I might not end up needing the part.
I will add prices as I can. Let me know if you are interested in something and I will price that item first.

Discounts are available if you post a picture and a story of your strangely mangled item.

Items gone already:

Carb and boot
Stator
Rotor/Flywheel
Stator cover (Left Case Cover) w/bearing and retainer
CDI
Rectifier/Regulator
Coil
Transmission output shaft
Turn indicators
Wiring harness (currently with starter relay and turn indicator relay attached)
Side stand switch
Rear brake switch
Instrument cluster (complete) with speedo cable still attached (3500 miles)
Right side switches: kill-switch, start button
Left side switches: hi/low beam, turn indicator, horn
clutch lever perch, with switch
Exhaust (muffler, head pipe still available)
Clutch basket, plates, etc. (3500 miles on bike, I will measure the remaining plate thicknesses)
Rocker arms
Cam chain (no idea why anyone would want a used one, but available, just the same)
Cam chain guide
Cam chain tensioner (2005 automatic)
Most of the transmission (output shaft sold)

Parts available:

Left side Engine Case
Right side Engine case
Right side (clutch) cover
Oil Pump
Cylinder (seems okay)
Head (spun cam bearing surface) with valves
Valve covers (access covers for valve adjustment)
Cam chain cover
Piston (same caveat as the cam chain)
Crankshaft with connecting rod
Starter (currently has the wire with boots still attached)
Various internal engine bits (gears, washers, spacers, just about everything inside)
Oil filter cover
Rear brake pedal
Shift lever
Clutch cable
That funny piece that connects the frame to the front of the motor, silver color
Factory "skid plate" with all four rubber bumpers
Exhaust head pipe

Thanks for reading,

Matthew

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bump

Just a FYI for anyone looking at purchasing parts from mmclaughlin. The parts I have purchased have been sold at fair prices and have arrived in good condition. Fast shipping and easy to communicate with.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Everyone on this board has been really easy to deal with.

I am thrilled with how quickly some of these parts are moving. It has only been a week since I got the bike and I have already shipped 6 packages and there are two more possible sales in the works. It will definitely help me buy parts for my project.

Thanks again,

Matthew

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I like it Matthew! You came directly to the clients who would need the parts and don't need to pay the auction fees or set up the adds for each tiny part.

I am currently rebuilding an 88 TW and it seems every time I get to cleaning up or putting back together a part I find some little thing I want to replace or a part that is missing. Examples of stuff that can drive you nuts and send you to the poor house, the front brake cable has a clamp that fastens it to the fork. Mine was missing. I took the rear wheel off to have a new tire mounted and replace the sprocket. Last night I attempted to put the wheel on and I am missing the collar and dust cover on the sprocket side. I know I had it but I just cannot find it.

Here is some advice for you and anyone needing little parts. Find a site such as Stadium Yamaha that has the parts schematic. I can go to the rear wheel and see that I need part number 30 and 31, collar and dust cover. This is how you might want to sell parts and also how you can tell if the part from your 2005 will fit on another year bike. I am going broke but not from all the little parts I find I need. It is the shipping when I just have to have a certain part and order it separately. I am sure I will need a few more things as I get closer to finishing this project.

Thanks for offering this stuff here.

GaryL

·
Registered
26 Posts
I´m about to buy some parts and i´m aplying for a discount here.

Rockerarm.JPG yamaha-tw-125-foto-bild-73940525.jpg yamaha-tw-125-foto-bild-73940550.jpg

I bought this bike (TW125) last fall. The PO (first owner also) never had the valves adjusted. It took lees than 5000 miles before he destroyed the rockerarm. He than did pull the engine apart, way more than needed. Lost interest in the bike and also lost some parts over the time.
I want to rebuild the 125 into an spare/offroad machine (inspired by skippyboyo).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TW669,

I think I have enough parts to get you fixed up for a good price. Regardless of how little or how much you end up needing, you get free rocker arms.

Let me know how many of the parts in the photos I sent you that you will need, and let me know if I missed anything (my engine came in a box, too, so I am not positive where everything came from).

Matthew

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Matthew, You did not say what your project bike is! TW669 first off is working on a TW 125 and is located in Germany. Shipping might be a major and expensive issue. I suspect your bike is a TW 200 and that might also make some differences although I have no idea what if any parts are interchangeable.

JUST FYI!

GaryL

·
Registered
26 Posts
First off all awesome discount on the rockers.

GaryL:
The parts i want are interchangeable between the engines.
There is not much difference between the 125 and 200 engines. The transmission ratios and primary ratio is different, but the parts can be swapped without modifying. The major difference is the cylinder, head, piston, crank and balancer, these parts only work as a package on a 125 engine, making it a 196cc machine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts