TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TW
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day last week, since it was such a nice one I decided to go for a short ride just for therapy more than anything else and couldnt find either of the TW keys. Lucky for me I did write down the key code just in case of this thing happening.
On the recomendation of Bigblake I think it was I ordered two new keys from www.cyclekeysonline.com.
They were here in just a couple days and fit all the locks perfect and look close to the originals. I recommend these folks if anyone needs a spare key or a replacement.
And of course the new keys were here on Friday and I found the originals the next day. Right where I had put them so I wouldnt forget.

·
Registered
956 Posts
One day last week, since it was such a nice one I decided to go for a short ride just for therapy more than anything else and couldnt find either of the TW keys. Lucky for me I did write down the key code just in case of this thing happening.
On the recomendation of Bigblake I think it was I ordered two new keys from www.cyclekeysonline.com.
They were here in just a couple days and fit all the locks perfect and look close to the originals. I recommend these folks if anyone needs a spare key or a replacement.
And of course the new keys were here on Friday and I found the originals the next day. Right where I had put them so I wouldnt forget.
Hah! Yes that's the site and the exact same thing happened to me with my Kawasaki... the keys showed up and the next day I found the original key. Funny how that shakes out sometimes.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I tape an extra key to the underside of the pad that mounts to the top of the rear fender, just in case I lose my keys. ...I just have to remember to have a screwdriver to remove the mounting screws. 🤪
Now all of you know how to steal my bikes. 🤔

Reactions: Xracer

·
Registered
327 Posts
Do the replacement keys you bought have the little plastic head that says yamaha? I got a spare set made at a locksmith when i lost one of my two original keys and the ones he made look kinda like a little house key. Not that it matters what the key looks like i just liked how the originals looked more haha.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Do the replacement keys you bought have the little plastic head that says yamaha? I got a spare set made at a locksmith when i lost one of my two original keys and the ones he made look kinda like a little house key. Not that it matters what the key looks like i just liked how the originals looked more haha.
Mine all had the plastic, they won't have the "Yamaha" stripe on them, just a generic version of it. I'll snap a picture of mine when I get home.

·
Registered
2021 TW
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the replacement keys are really close to the ones that came with the bike. Same small black plastic head on them. The key lock number was also engraved on the key, nice if you need more copies.
I didnt want a big house key looking replacement either which is all I was finding local. Happy with the way these turned out. And much cheaper than and less hassle than going to a dealer.

·
Registered
469 Posts
My spare I had made at ACE, looks just like the OEM, just didn't have the plastic casing, which didn't bother me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts