TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the specs of the bolts (passenger peg mounts) that are included with cycleracks rear rack? I lost mine in storage. Thank you!!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
they are about 1/2" longer than OEM and they usually use a flat and a lock washer

OEM bolts usually work w/o any washers but there isn't much thread there to grab it it at the bare minimum

I forget the thread and bolt specs I buy bags of OEM and extended length for racks in polished stainless on ebay but it's been a while

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
I will provide the exact thread and length sizes a little later today when I get out to my shed where I have a new CR hanging with it's bolts taped to the rack.

GaryL

·
Registered
113 Posts
Buy extra long bolts, measure, and cut to required length. But before you buy, dig in the spare bolts bucket in the garage and see what you can salvage. Think outside the box.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
In situations like this I typically root around to find and temporarily borrow a similar fastener from any bike and then take to Ace, Home Depot, Lowes, etc to find a suitable replacement. I would guess something like a 8mm x 30mm in a 1.0 pitch. Then I often buy two...one to use, one to lose.
Have seen these rack fasteners go AWOL on the trail so either LockTight or an extra long bolt with a Nyloc nut might be worthwhile redundancy.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
The bolts supplied with the TW CR are M 8 X 1.25 and 1 inch long. They also have a flat and lock washer on them. I do not know the hardness strength but others here may, the head has 3 lines which is the strength indication.

GaryL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts