TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing oil around the oil filler cap. I took it off to clean it up and just came back from a 15 km ride and the oil was back on the engine cases.

I noticed there was no "O" ring on the filler cap - Is there supposed to be one?

I wonder if it fell off when I changed the oil and I did not notice.

Thanks for comments

Super Moderator
I am seeing oil around the oil filler cap. I took it off to clean it up and just came back from a 15 km ride and the oil was back on the engine cases.

I noticed there was no "O" ring on the filler cap - Is there supposed to be one?

I wonder if it fell off when I changed the oil and I did not notice.

Thanks for comments
Yes, there should be one.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Went onto the Bike Bandit website and I can see the missing "O" ring on the microfiche. Now to see if I can find one somewhere in town.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Best the Yamaha dealer could do was order one - corner garage whipped out an "O" ring kit and handed me one - simple as that

Registered
Those metric o-ring kits can be a real lifesaver. There is quite a range in price, but outfits like Harbor freight sell them for as little as ten dollars.

There are sizes in the Harbor Freight kits which will fit your oil filler cap, the oil filter cover, timing inspection hole cover, etc. You may never use all the sizes in the kit and there isn't a size to fit everything on a TW but I'd estimate the ones you do use could save you up to a hundred bucks over time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts