TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you may know, Mrs Trip and I rode our TW's up to Moab from Tucson. The route we took was 794 miles, not counting the extra riding we did, like at Canyon de Chelly and Monument Valley.

Riding temperatures ranged from the high 80's to the mid 30's. Elevations were all over the place. We spent 6 days riding, and an extra day hanging out at Canyon de Chelly.

We flew into Tucson on March 2, Rhode Island to Philadelphia, Philly to Denver, and then on into Tucson about 10pm.
The story starts here: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/me-mrs-trip-we-got-a-thing-going-on.1033329/page-20#post-28833498

·
Registered
19,445 Posts
Just finished the ADVRider posts. What an adventure! Moab must have seemed over-run, over-developed and touristy by comparison to the previous 700+ miles. Great stuff by a great couple...was so nice to finally meet the famous Trips in person.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aw Shucks, Fred. It was our pleasure meeting you and the other misfits...well worth the trip!

And thanks, Azxj91...you and your charming wife were great neighbors...glad we got the chance to meet you!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't venture to other sites like this forum....but that TRIP was worth it...thank you for a night full of dreams out west...great pics & story.....again thank you I had fun on your adventure ...may be someday for me looks like a .....RHODETRIP...

·
Registered
19,445 Posts
The Trips have certainly shown that Canyon de Chelly and Monument Valley are well worth a visit.
A blinding sandstorm curtailed my visit to Monument Valley so my wife and I sat around eating Navajo fry-bread waiting for air to clear. She deserves a return visit for not only the views but more fry-bread and native jewelry.:p
Many years ago I hired a teen-age Navajo girl as a guide, plunked her in my 4x4 next to me and for $20 she showed me all throughout Canyon de Chelly's bottomlands, farms, ruins and rock-art. Probably can't do that anymore...:(

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Asphalt, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Fred, I'm willing to wager that Marisa deserves more than a return trip to Monument Valley after living with you... but that might be a nice place to start. Kind of romantic there, you know.....;)
And no, I don't think you'll get far on the Rez with a $20 bill.

·
Registered
19,445 Posts
Yeah Jim, the Lady certainly deserves more, although the View hotel looks mighty romantic and inviting. I am sending her to South America next month without me....something about absence makes the heart grow fonder?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Arrowsmith,
Thanks for your note. I hope you don't mind me replying to your PM here, but I figured other people might be interested. There is still one hike you can make without a guide at Canyon de Chelly, and I think it is the same one you hiked when you were there: The White House trail. It looked to me like it descended quite steeply down to the canyon floor. I'm sure getting back up was a pretty good workout. We love to hike, but I am always nervous about leaving the loaded bikes unattended at trailheads...

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi Arrowsmith,
Thanks for your note. I hope you don't mind me replying to your PM here, but I figured other people might be interested. There is still one hike you can make without a guide at Canyon de Chelly, and I think it is the same one you hiked when you were there: The White House trail. It looked to me like it descended quite steeply down to the canyon floor. I'm sure getting back up was a pretty good workout. We love to hike, but I am always nervous about leaving the loaded bikes unattended at trailheads...
I was a lot younger so only had to stop once on the way up.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Jim and Lynn it was great meeting you both. Thanks for sharing your adventure. You lucky you both have such a love for adventures on the tdubbs. Jim really liked the way you had your bikes set up yoursbigand hers small.Now if I can get my woman to ride.:wink: Thanks Lynn for letting Patti check out you bike she was so stoked she could reach the ground flat footed on both sides.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rhodetrip Jim, Thank YOu...and Lynn...very much for the latest box of TW200 Lapel Pins I received in the mail today. I will make certain that they are handed out at the next TW200 gathering.
Thank you, Mike!

Me & Mrs Trip we got a thing going on | Page 20 | Adventure Rider

Jim, That was awesome! Thanks for the time that went into documenting it, I truly enjoyed it.
Thank you, Jim. I'm glad you liked it. You are right, it does take a lot of time...I take a lot of photos and its time consuming to go through them and select the ones that tell a story. I apologize to everyone for not posting a real thread on the TW200 forum, but the photos look so much better on the ADV site...I'm lazy and spoiled. (it integrates well with SmugMug, too)

My sentiments exactly! Beautiful photos, and what an adventure!
Thanks, Elvesus. It has been a blast and I'm looking forward to the next leg... My own private Idaho, and then... Oh Canada, eh!:)

I was a lot younger so only had to stop once on the way up.
I hear ya there! :walk:

Jim and Lynn it was great meeting you both. Thanks for sharing your adventure. You lucky you both have such a love for adventures on the tdubbs. Jim really liked the way you had your bikes set up yoursbigand hers small.Now if I can get my woman to ride.:wink: Thanks Lynn for letting Patti check out you bike she was so stoked she could reach the ground flat footed on both sides.
Yup, Lynn and Patti were talking about riding, and Lynn tells me she's pretty sure she made a sale. Patti's going to be a natural. Get out the checkbook, my friend....:D

PS. The TW's are really versatile. A lot of people are surprised when I tell them we are both riding the exact same bike.

·
Registered
319 Posts
All I can say is I'm very proud of you two. Very proud.

I'd like to shake your hands.

My son and I rode from St. Joseph, IL to Sturgis, SD and on to Montana and then South through Yellowstone
and Utah, etc. to Needles, California and home through Monument Valley and Durango, etc.
5600 miles and 22 days.

At no time did we ride gravel. At no time were we on our TW's.

You are my new heros.

Great time it looks like and amazing scenes. It's desolate out West and compared to Rhode Island, very desolate but it's raw beauty cannot be compared with.

I'm glad you made it safe and sound and have fun. Do it again!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd like to shake your hands.

My son and I rode from St. Joseph, IL to Sturgis, SD and on to Montana and then South through Yellowstone
and Utah, etc. to Needles, California and home through Monument Valley and Durango, etc.
5600 miles and 22 days.

I'm glad you made it safe and sound and have fun. Do it again!
Ha, ha. I'd like to shake your hand, too, Ken! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rhodetrip I read your adv rider report last week and it was awesome! Thanks for the report and all the pics. Your wife is awesome, I cant even get my girlfriend to sit on the bike let alone talk her into riding it. Keep up the fun and ride safe!
Thanks, JSwanson...I'm glad you enjoyed it! I sure did! I need to finish up with the fun we had in Moab, cause I've already started planning our next ride. And yeah, my wife's a keeper!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was fun hanging out with you, Mel, and thanks for letting us pitch in a little and help....really made us feel like part of the gang!
That was a fun week that went way too fast!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts