TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
I did not get to ride Fins & Things or Hell's Revenge this year. Too many places with too little time. Next time in Moab I hope to ride Hell's Revenge which I have not yet ridden and the southern portion of Fins & Things which I haven't ridden either.

I think there was a change from 2015 making Fins & Things one-way. When we rode it last year it transitioned to Porcupine. I've not heard of anyone riding the Porcupine trail this year. It's a rather difficult but pretty trail. I've only ridden Porcupine out to the last bail-out point up Sands Flat road. I'd like to complete this trail next time as well.

Thanks for sharing these video's and pictures arrowsmith, I really enjoy them!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not get to ride Fins & Things or Hell's Revenge this year. Too many places with too little time. Next time in Moab I hope to ride Hell's Revenge which I have not yet ridden and the southern portion of Fins & Things which I haven't ridden either.

I think there was a change from 2015 making Fins & Things one-way. When we rode it last year it transitioned to Porcupine. I've not heard of anyone riding the Porcupine trail this year. It's a rather difficult but pretty trail. I've only ridden Porcupine out to the last bail-out point up Sands Flat road. I'd like to complete this trail next time as well.

There are more pictures but I have to make them smaller

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here is one more.
rsz_013.jpg

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Right you are about one way traffic postings this year at Sand Flats. Only violation was when those nice folks towing Randall and his dead TW out got mixed up and towed poor Plumbstraight all over the place with a few wrong turns.
Saw them towing Randall in circles.
Saw them towing Randall the wrong way against the one way arrows.
Think Randall got to see more of Fins-and-Things than any of us....several times it seems.
Below is Randall getting towed by a rope so thin you really can't even see it. I think I'll call it my invisible rope.

Assume someone has told the tale of the failed electricals deep in the heart of the Fins and everyone's helping out? Randall was in quite a hole and getting him out ourselves wasn't looking like an easy nor fun task yet we were all game to assist. A passing Rent-a-Razor and a tow rope saved us pushing through hill and dale with LOTS of loose sand just to add variety to the ordeal

Those dots on the skyline weren't savage restless natives but Misfits watching Randall rebuild his carb and diagnose electrics in the sand. We went with the practice of exchanging part from one bike to another trying to diagnose the no-run issue.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Right you are about one way traffic postings this year at Sand Flats. Only violation was when those nice folks towing Randall and his dead TW out got mixed up and towed poor Plumbstraight all over the place with a few wrong turns.
Saw them towing Randall in circles.
Saw them towing Randall the wrong way against the one way arrows.
Think Randall got to see more of Fins-and-Things than any of us....several times it seems.
Below is Randall getting towed by a rope so thin you really can't even see it. I think I'll call it my invisible rope.

Assume someone has told the tale of the failed electricals deep in the heart of the Fins and everyone's helping out? Randall was in quite a hole and getting him out ourselves wasn't looking like an easy nor fun task yet we were all game to assist. A passing Rent-a-Razor and a tow rope saved us pushing through hill and dale with LOTS of loose sand just to add variety to the ordeal

Those dots on the skyline weren't savage restless natives but Misfits watching Randall rebuild his carb and diagnose electrics in the sand. We went with the practice of exchanging part from one bike to another trying to diagnose the no-run issue.
That little rope you happened to have was a life saver. I was so afraid it was going to part on some of the steep rock with ledges. I took my weight off the bike and helped walking astraddle of it. I didn't get to see much of the fins ride as staying focused on the rope, angle of pull and the backside of that RZR. Was just glad to get out to pavement. At one time the fellow stopped and asked me, where are you going?. Told him wherever you are, I am tied to you lol. W Larry came across our front and I told him to follow that fellow, he will get us out of here. Was so thankful for the pull and to see pavement again.
I also have to thank you folks for picking up the plastic, my coat and such. I was in such a tizzy with a broken bike and wondering how the tow was going to go. The fellow pulling me did great. I was glad it was a rental and they are only able to use low range.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Arrowsmith, nice photos! :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I did spot the thread I was being pulled by Fred. It comes right from under the light around the tripletree and up a bit to the RZR. I was amazed it held together.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts