·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The week of March was perfect good weather kids in school I am in!!!

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
I had a dream last night of another Moab group ride...even got the same campsite. However Hoot and Montezuma were driving my van; dream ended before finding out if van needed to have all the windows left open:p.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
March 17th-? sounds about right to me....
;)

·
Registered
4,466 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Official Info?

New to the Moab idea but I'd like to come next year (2016). I'm within a day's drive. Are there official dates yet? I presume there are more than one day. Where's the best place to watch for info to come out?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey, TWighlight, thanks for the info! Not positive I'll make it, or for how many days, but it's on my calendar. I did read a lot of comments about what happened at this year's gathering, so it appears it doesn't entirely stay in Moab :D. But reading that stuff makes me want to go even more.

I didn't know about the two camps - is there communication between the two? I'm guessing there's no cell service at the dry camp? If no to both, are there any other HAM's in this outfit besides me?

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
gHDave, you should come to Moab next year if possible.
We were fairly un-organised with lots of happy lil' indians but no chiefs directing things, everyone was welcome to do their own thing every day. The region has riding opportunities for all skill levels from nasty rocky trails to smooth park roads. Most of us did fairly little in the city of Moab proper, the focus was on adjacent riding areas with lots of socializing afterwards.
The intent next year is to hopefully have us all closer together . The propposed Archview Campground features cabins as well RV and tent sites so would accomodate everyone unless they wanted an elegant hotel ( which are available in Moab city). Allegedly the Archview is no five-star resort but has the advantage of allowing out ATV riding members direct access to trails. I imagine we are open to sugestions for alternate locations so anyone familiar with options please let us know.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
There were a lot of fellows hamming it up out there. We had a great time. No, there were no morse code operators or large aireals sp? put up. Cells phones worked.

Being you are so close, there is no excuse but death not to show up. Is a lifetime experience to be with this group of folks out having the time of their lives.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I am in, Montezuma{Nick} will be retired, so he will be there, and I expect Borneo to be there as well....no set dates but right now I am looking at March15th-24th or so, as long as I am back before March 26th{Baseball Opening Dates for my umpire work} and those dates should avoid "Jeep Week" which is a good thing...."Let's Roll" ;)

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Only thing I can add at this point is, Lori and I will be there next March.

Camping from a spot which can ridden out of for our ATV is pretty important, though we realize we may have to in order to ride some great area's not ridden this year. It's a pain to trailer the ATV with pickup camper (setup & take down). If we bring one or more of ours son's next year, we might be able to trailer from spot to spot much easier.

It will be a bonus if the group is located together or at least much much closer than 2015. With the two 2015 groups at some distance, we missed out on some camaraderie.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
And it will be the 50th Annual Easter Jeep Safari Week. I'm sure we will want to avoid Jeep week for sure in 2016! We don't want to get in their way!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm in. That trip was the best!

1 - 20 of 2293 Posts