TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: 5 January

I said I wasn't doing Moab 2020 so here's the plan.

Start Date: 20 April.
End Date: 30 April

Moab 2020 April 20th to whenever (about the 30th of April). I know, whenever has an end date in reality.

Locations:
North near 10 Mile Wash for a few days.
My plan is to ride the 10-mile wash, Mary's Trail, Cow Trails (tubes) or whatever starting the 20th for a few days. This is more of a harder adventure trail excursion. Bodi said some of the trails are ATV friendly.

South: south of Moab, location TBD. Then I plan to migrate south of Moab to the Behind the Rocks area and hope to ride the easier sections of Behind the Rocks, Kane Creek (hopefully), Hook & Ladder (also known as Cameo Cliffs. HL has a trail system. I'm also gonna ride Lockhart Basin and maybe make it an overnight ride, just to name a few.

Wife Admiral is planning on flying into Grand Junction around the 30th of April (she'll correct me if I got the date wrong, which I usually do) and we're gonna split Moab for some other riding destinations of yet we haven't decided. Just thought I'd throw this out there for those wishing, hoping, planning on riding in Moab with the AWESOME TW GROUP we've had in the past.

As is in the past, this is a self-sustaining (bring your own booze, bikes tools and I guess food too) and a camping/motel plans. I'll be roughing it in the TWcrafthauler, which means no tent, no ground, no motel.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Yah! I should be able to make this.
Back from Baja at the end of March.
Daughter gets married on April 10.
Should be able to head south for another adventure in Utah.

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
I also said I wasn't doing Moab 2020, so the plan sounds good:).
"As is in the past, this ... be...booze and... roughing it, ... which means no tent, no ground, no motel" -no problem. :p

Love dropping down to the rivers so Hey Joe Canyon is on my list plus a few challenging others.
However Moab's crowds can affect my overall enjoyment after a bit. So I may wander off to sample some other destinations a little less over-run. Lots of other stuff to the west like The Maze District, Burr Trail, Swingarm City, Cathedral Valley. East of the Colorado River the Needles District and a Monument Valley ride would be memorable.
So I will see if I can resist the temptation or once again fall for a week of Moab's enticing slickrock.
Maybe I could crash Admiral's pre-party and surf The Tubes with him.

Looks like parts of Dead Cow could result in Dead Fred though.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I said I wasn't doing Moab 2020 also, so the plan sounds good:).
As is in the past, this is a self sustaining (bring your own booze and I guess food too) and a camping/motel plans. I'll be roughing it in the TWcrafthauler, which means no tent, no ground, no motel" -no problem.

Love dropping down to the rivers so Hey Joe Canyon is on my list plus a few challenging others.
However Moab's crowds can affect my overall enjoyment after a bit. So I may wander off to sample some other destinations a little less over-run. Lots of other stuff to the west like The Maze District, Burr Trail, Swingarm City, Cathedral Valley. East of the Colorado River the Needles District and a Monument Valley ride would be memorable.
So I will see if I can resist the temptation or once again fall for a week of Moab's enticing slickrock.
We'll be riding places we TW'rers have never seen before.You other destinations are also on our list but after Mrs. Admiral has landed.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I’ll join you in crashing Admiral’s pre-party. Would love to ride some new places.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Awesome. I'm a Florida/Georgia flat-lander. I've never seen such stuff. Amazing.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Needles District has some great riding and a lot less people! Here's our camp at the Needles Outpost Campground last May. I'll be out there again in early March and maybe Moab if it's not full of tourist.

View attachment 199546
Looks like a fun place. Mrs. Admiral and I might try it out after Moab. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
The Maze District of Canyonlands National Park is fairly remote. About 59 air miles from The Doll House to gas at Cainville, more like a hundred by road & trail. Access can also be from he south where Muddy dumps into Colorado. doll house.jpg

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm in days I can. The White Sands area has some good ATV and SXS riding also.
Do some research on Chutes/Ladders area and Jax Trax Jeep Trail south of town. Also offers some good riding

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Spoke with Plumbstraight on the 28th I believe. A deer hunt with the grandson then back to his new place in geometric center of the USA where I hear they need him to ply Santa Claus.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'll be there for the April 29th - May 9th portion. As far as the earlier stuff, I'll likely come for the last couple of Moab days.

·
Registered
316 Posts
A buddy and I rode up Waterfall trail today then went over and rode down Blue and Orange trails all in the San Rafael Swell. I highly recommend the Waterfall trail it was great.
Tomorrow's plan is either up Orange and Green trails then down Blue and out Red or over to White Sands for Dead Cow and the Tubes
Admiral you could also research the Chimney Rock area North of I70 and West of Hwy 6 there is a lot of single track in there also. The Sage Riders mark the trails fairly well...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts