TW200 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
So strange. I had several long planned trips and visits planned and they are all going away. Even my Moms 95th Bday party (a big one- will reschedule ASAP in upstate NY). Truly a new American experience. Lets play by the rules and get out of this well. Be careful friends! So many adventures on our Dubs coming.

·
Registered
380 Posts
So strange. I had several long planned trips and visits planned and they are all going away. Even my Moms 95th Bday party (a big one- will reschedule ASAP in upstate NY). Truly a new American experience. Lets play by the rules and get out of this well. Be careful friends! So many adventures on our Dubs coming.
Is this your mom or just a coincidence?

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Wasn't it also the delightfully young Mrs.Admiral's birthday this week?
If so then wishing her a belated "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI".
If not then just consider me another day closer to total senility.

·
Registered
968 Posts
No, that's not my Mom....such a bummer tho. We are hoping to have her Bday party in latish June...we will see. Fortunately she is fine, and we talked out of going to the gym for a while! All of her Bridge parties/games have been cancelled for now also.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can go to Big Bend area if you can find a spot. Apparently, some of the older people we're supposed to be protecting (thousands) are there with their grandkids. Since the kids are out of school and the parents working from home, grand parents are out seeing the sights. A friend from Alpine, TX said he's never seen so many people out and about. Their big problem is the long lines at the drive throughs.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Pandemics, Earthquakes in Japan/PI, Tidal Waves, Blizzards, War, now Earthquakes in SLC and near Admiral somewhat. Did we piss some buddy off with a lot of power? I am on Standby to depart somewhere within 400 miles once we get past the worst of this situation. Thank you Admiral for all the research you put into MOAB 2020.

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Most of us will survive this and live to ride the Slickrock Sandstone again with new stories to share around the fire.

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Or this... secret is to go with others to lower bikes over cliffs and act as spotters when traversing the truly nasties like the infamous crack

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Well, if you've never been it can be an epic adventure you won't soon forget. Amazing variety of riding awaits from mellow to insane.
These pair of classic Sand Flat rides challenge the mind more than the body. Everything looks crazy steep and covered with black tire rubber yet the traction is phenomenally good.
Maybe this fall? Or next Spring another get together might be a welcome thing. TW People sure are nice...here I am riding a borrowed bike after I blew mine up ( Notice I did accidentally collect a little salad in the left turn signal on the Judge's bike and was forgiven).

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Did I say something about mind-over-matter?
Surely this can't be any worse than you local Department of Motor Vehicles Motorcycle lLicense Endorsement exam.
Just follow the painted lines...what could be simpler?

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
With Mel's Passing Yesterday 9/6/20...makes me more determined to get back to both Moab and Big Bend...not sure what kind of riding I can do these days...but I sure the Hell still have enough left in me, at this moment in time, to get it done....COVID be damned...

Reactions: admiral and Fred

·
Registered
13,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Does anybody have any interest in going to Moab the later part of September or earlier part of October this year?
Mrs. Admiral and I were just to announce us going and spending a few days late September but a family situation came up and we're not able too. Hopefully, next spring. It's been so long since spring 2019.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would surely love to go in the spring, say mid-April maybe? I'd love to see some of the old friends that I haven't seen for a few years, and meet some new ones. I'd also like to bring my lovely wife to meet some of the TW folks, as she hasn't done that yet. Maybe the plague will be mostly over and done with by then.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Youngest son and his wife got a new Grandbaby due in late March {Hoot will be 72} but if all goes well and the new youngster arrives healthy and is home I am certainly able to make my way out that way in Mid to late April...not sure if I will be able to do the "Hard Core" area rides, but who knows...? I'm doing more than 99% of the folks my age at this point...but would like to meet up with some of the old and new members...if you only get to Moab once in your lifetime, it's not enough.... 👍

Reactions: Fred and small's

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Looking at the April 2021 Calendar ... just for sheets and giggles, and if the Corona scare goes by the boards after the November Election. I can see Hoot making it to Moab maybe the week of April 10th through April 17th of 2021...Easter is April 4th and I have to be back by April 22nd to run our Air Force Sky Cop Vietnam Reunion at Dayton...but if I stay reasonable healthy and the new grandkid is likewise and delivered by then {due March 27th} I should be able to find my way west. 👍

121 - 140 of 155 Posts