TW200 Forum banner

161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Pupsocket, your drive is ~ 1400 miles, mine is ~1200 miles and I have a border to content with. I do not drive over 67 mph with my truck and camper so our trips are probably the same length in time. When I was working, I would leave right after work on Friday and drive until 10 or 11 PM. I would be up the next day a 5 AM and would be at Willow Springs late Saturday afternoon or early evening all pumped up ready to ride. I have been to Moab 7 times since joining the TW group, the last few trips have not been so rushed (Retired) and I have stopped at LT's and the Admiral's along the way. I would ride Sunday - Friday, all day every day and then on Saturday do a short ride and be gone by noon so I could be home Sunday evening. A week is really not enough time at Moab, but it is well worth the effort and expense.

June may be getting a bit too warm for riding in Moab. My first trip to Moab was in July and it limited how much I rode.
I do not like to trail ride when it gets into the 70s let alone the 90s. Moab got to 110 while we were there that summer.
My first trip to Moab was 3rd week of June. It ranged from 105 to 108. We were on atv’ s and you couldn’t pack enough water, plus there is little if any shade. April/ early May is ideal temp wise.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Moab in May is perfect for me, but I also do not like cold.

Reactions: Allanb

·
Registered
21,168 Posts
For those wishing to add some variety to their Moab visit in springtime the region offers many other sights not snow-bound like much of the Rockies. Easy rides to dinosaur tracks, anasaI cliff dwellings, rock art and impressive landforms eroded out of the Colorado Plateau await the adventurous. Utah has lots of National Parks too, sometimes rather overcrowded though.
Point is that there is more to see and do than tackle Moab’s sometimes very challenging trails.

161 - 163 of 163 Posts