TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Moab 2020

3K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  mikidymac 
#1 ·
Does anybody have any interest in going to Moab the later part of September or early part of October?

#6 ·
Me and three other tubbers are gonna be there probably around Oct 2- maybe 7 or 8th
I’m down to go. I’ve never been though so idk what is need to be able to join. Just got my tdub this year]
My plan is to arrive in Moab October 1st and pitch a tent at Slickrock RV park 5-6 nights. Day rides I'd like to try and do are, Chicken corners, Shafer trail, White rim (full day), Gemini bridges.... nothing crazy just fun and scenic. If time permits, a hike to Corona and Delicate arch and/or a half day canyoneering trip. Absolutely nothing set in stone, and as always weather permitting. Hopefully we can coordinate some rides with those riders planning on being there. When I checked Slickrock RV park they still had 10-15 tent sites not sure about rv sites or the cabins.

#7 ·
Hi Fishfulthing, Moab keeps showing up on my bucket list even after I’ve been there half dozen times....that said, most of the rides I’d like to do are in the range of 30-80 miles with the exception being the White rim trail 120-130 miles, long day but worth it. I’m pitching a tent at Slickrock rv park, I like a shower after riding all day but there lots of other campsites along the river mostly run by the blm. All you need is for riding would be the normal backcountry day ride stuff, tow strap, some tools, tube repair kit, matches, flash light, food, water etc......for the White rim trail you’ll need more gas than the 1.8 gals provided on the stock TW. Weather is always changing that time of year could be fairly warm or cool with occasional rain shower, never know, we ever had snow flurries once, plan for the worse hope for best, e-mail if you have any questions. Tim

#8 · (Edited)
We should be rolling in Friday the 2nd if all goes well. Might try to hit slick rock area that evening since we won't be there until prolly 3-4pm. Maybe we could a do white rim trail together since it looks like it's in all of our list. Or some other good rides. We don't really have a plan on what ride on what day. If your going to do chickens corner I would do it before you do the white rim. I wasn't impressed with that ride and I think it's mostly because we did the white rim, onion Creek and top of the world first and the scenery is spectacular on those rides. Just my opinion though. Once you get there it's pretty cool overlook but it takes while. When we did white rim a few years ago I clocked 130 miles from the gas station outside the park back to the gas station.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

#13 · (Edited)
Hey all. I’m a bit of an outsider (I ride a XT225), but I like this group because the TW200 is a close sibling to my bike. Looking to see if there is room for me to join this potential outing? I haven’t ran the idea by my wife yet so I’m not a lock to attend. The first weekend of October is a good date for me.

Last March my wife and I stood at the top of the canyon above the White Rim trail. My wife had one look at the canyon, and while it was breath taking, she determined she would not ride that trail. My wife is new a rider and looking down on the trail is a bit intimidating for someone who isn’t that confident yet. The trail looked exciting to me and I responded that I would ride the trail on my own, but my wife made me promise her I’d find someone to ride the trail with me. I’ve kept my eye on this forum looking for others that want to make the trip at a time that is convenient for me. The day after my wife and I were in Canyon Lands we got chased out of Moab because several area counties closed themselves to tourist due to COVID. I haven’t been back since March.

I’m not an expert rider but I am a competent and capable rider. My bike is well maintained and setup with a 4.1 gallon Clarke tank. I’d be coming from North Phoenix and can tent camp or I have a small square drop camp trailer that is comfy. I hope to contribute to the group ride and not be a burden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Thanks for allowing me to join. Wife gave me the green light on this excursion. I offered to let her come along and do some Moab area hiking while I’m on the trail. She said she would rather stay home and let me do this on my own. Since I’ll be traveling solo it will be easier to leave the square drop trailer home and tent camp. I can depart early Friday (10/2) and arrive in Moab shortly after noon. I’m really hoping to do the White Rim Rd but will be happy tagging along anywhere. Thanks again for letting a XT225 outsider in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
This thread has been silent for about a week. Are there still some Tdubers planning to be in Moab this weekend? Regardless of turnout I plan to make the trip. I’ll be departing the Phoenix area before sunrise on Friday (10/2) and should arrive in Moab by early afternoon. Planning to stay in a tent at Slickrock campground. I drive a charcoal colored Toyota Tacoma double cab with a XT225 tied down in the bed. Look me up if you will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Hope you newer guys can get together and enjoy some rides. Moab is a fantastic place both to ride as well as to meet new people. Sometimes these chance encounters with nothing but a shared interest in motorcycles can lead to lasting and rewarding friendships.
For example I just came back from Utah to meet & ride with a TW couple I met years ago when the hubby did a TW engine transplant in my driveway. He didn't have the wifey with him then, just a dog riding on his Cyclerack.:cool:
Other Forum friends showed up to help with the install then we all went for a ride with dogs.
Since then have shared dozens of rides.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained..this is the day I got to meet The Admiral and ride with Georgie.
Happy Trails!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.