TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
well we finally made it home last wendsday...what a trip! A big thank you out to admiral and his sons, along with everyone else there...and also to little tommy for the in$piration! evryone made us feel right at home and it was great to have someone with more experience in the area to show us some of the amazing places around that area. I thought my TW was gonna break at certain points! oh wait a minute, it did! came back with the front fender strapped to the my bag on one of the rides, but overall the TW proved itself yet again as being pretty indestructable...nearly fireproof as well!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Psunami & Psunamison,
It was good to ride with you, and thanks for helping me up a time or two. Maybe our paths will cross again in Moab or some other regional TW meet. Oh, and say hi to Cali too. She was the sweetheart of the entire group!

·
Registered
51 Posts
so after the moab crew were gone my son and i moved on to some quieter areas...camped near the crystal geyser near green river and rode the singletrack across the old white sands missle range,
then on to the san rafael swell where we rode the waterfall trail and a bit of other single track, along with some exploration of some old mines and stuff...absolutely loved that place, we will have to go back there again!
then moved on to drive the old Burr trail from boulder to bullfrog across the escalante down to lake powell...very cool drive with excellent camping! arrived at lake powell and found a spot to camp next to the water where we could put the kayaks in.

the next day we rode the ferry across the lake to halls crossing and continued driving down to the edge of the cliff above valley of the gods...muley point where we saw another rv with a tw...didnt get any pictures of it but was wondering if this was anyone affiliated with the group. great place to camp!

next we moved on towards home across northern new mexico where we camped for a few more days, most notably on the rio grande south of Taos where we were able to kayak yet again!

basically just a long drive across the plains and the rest of texas to get back home from there, which involved a few more days of camping. all in all another great trip...odometer flipped 200,000 miles, so i guess i should change the oil now!

·
Registered
340 Posts
It is a very interesting place to ride. Even when the town is crowded with UTV's trail riding the streets, the trails are less so. You would love this place!
I've visited Gooseberry and the St George area, however exploration was done on a mountain bike. The terrain is so fun, nothing like what we have here in Nor Cal. Look forward to riding this area with a throttle, on a TW with TW friends.

Doing this next year is plausible.

Fantastic pics, thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Moab 21 Day 1 - Sovereign Area Trails
Day 1 of Moab 2021. For some reason, we missed Moab 2020. 3 of us ride mostly Sovereign ATV trail on day one. We're waiting for a couple more arrivals later in the day so we stick to the local area.
Hi Admiral - Looks like a great ride. Sorry I missed it. If any other Moab trips are planned for 202 I'm in.

·
Super Moderator
14,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi Admiral - Looks like a great ride. Sorry I missed it. If any other Moab trips are planned for 202 I'm in.
It was a small group this year but I suppose it can be expected due to the whole Mars Drone Flying stuff going on. People are glued to their TVs, NASA Channel I think, watching the riveting Mars landing information they're pumping out. Probably done on a Hollywood sound stage. haha!
Yeah, hope to see you at the next Moab gathering whenever that will be.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
14,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
so after the moab crew were gone my son and i moved on to some quieter areas...camped near the crystal geyser near green river and rode the singletrack across the old white sands missle range, View attachment 214477 then on to the san rafael swell where we rode the waterfall trail and a bit of other single track, along with some exploration of some old mines and stuff...absolutely loved that place, we will have to go back there again! View attachment 214478 View attachment 214479 View attachment 214480 then moved on to drive the old Burr trail from boulder to bullfrog across the escalante down to lake powell...very cool drive with excellent camping! arrived at lake powell and found a spot to camp next to the water where we could put the kayaks in. View attachment 214482
View attachment 214481
the next day we rode the ferry across the lake to halls crossing and continued driving down to the edge of the cliff above valley of the gods...muley point where we saw another rv with a tw...didnt get any pictures of it but was wondering if this was anyone affiliated with the group. great place to camp!
View attachment 214483
next we moved on towards home across northern new mexico where we camped for a few more days, most notably on the rio grande south of Taos where we were able to kayak yet again! View attachment 214484
View attachment 214485
basically just a long drive across the plains and the rest of texas to get back home from there, which involved a few more days of camping. all in all another great trip...odometer flipped 200,000 miles, so i guess i should change the oil now!
Wow, you and you're son had a great extension to your vacation. I love seeing you're dog out on front of the kayak. Last year, 2020, my Moab plan was to camp out near the sand dunes not too farish from Crystal Geyser. Probably will on some other trip.
Thanks for coming to Moab and sharing your pictures.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
54 Posts
so after the moab crew were gone my son and i moved on to some quieter areas...camped near the crystal geyser near green river and rode the singletrack across the old white sands missle range, View attachment 214477 then on to the san rafael swell where we rode the waterfall trail and a bit of other single track, along with some exploration of some old mines and stuff...absolutely loved that place, we will have to go back there again! View attachment 214478 View attachment 214479 View attachment 214480 then moved on to drive the old Burr trail from boulder to bullfrog across the escalante down to lake powell...very cool drive with excellent camping! arrived at lake powell and found a spot to camp next to the water where we could put the kayaks in. View attachment 214482
View attachment 214481
View attachment 214483
next we moved on towards home across northern new mexico where we camped for a few more days, most notably on the rio grande south of Taos where we were able to kayak yet again! View attachment 214484
View attachment 214485

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Psunami -
Have never been on the Burr Trail from Boulder to Lake Powell. Is it doable in a 2 wheel drive SUV pulling a small trailer? Is it paved or hard packed dirt? Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Psunami -
Have never been on the Burr Trail from Boulder to Lake Powell. Is it doable in a 2 wheel drive SUV pulling a small trailer? Is it paved or hard packed dirt? Thanks, Tom
totally doable...mostly paved in fact, only a little graded gravel type road in between with minimal washboarding...one short area with some decent switchbacks but nothing a small trailer would have any problems with, been on WAY worse. Very enjoyable in fact, slower pace, very little traffic and lots of free camping with nice views. if you like to do any hiking you could spend several days...

·
Registered
22,001 Posts
Admire the way psunami & his son sampled so much more of the region after the Moab rides. If one can swing the extra time why not see and enjoy as much as possible? Either way the highway miles and fuel used are about the same whether one dashes back home or pauses to enjoy more of what life and the beautiful southwest have to offer. (y)

I usually add a little side trip to enjoy unique landforms, archeological sites, or just add an exciting alternate route through new country. I figure if on a thousand mile trip what's a hundred mile detour in the big scheme of things if it allows me to experience something I may never take the time to visit on my own again.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I had to look up the story on the plaque.

I found this: Mork of the Desert :ROFLMAO::giggle:
"THAT'S A STREET BIKE!!"
"No it isn't... it's an off-road bike. It has knobby tires."

The Honda pilot seems to have pulled a hamstring in his endeavors. Verrrrry interesting.

then on to the san rafael swell where we rode the waterfall trail and a bit of other single track, along with some exploration of some old mines and stuff...absolutely loved that place, we will have to go back there again! View attachment 214478

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had to look up the story on the plaque.
View attachment 214645
I found this: Mork of the Desert :ROFLMAO::giggle:
"THAT'S A STREET BIKE!!"
"No it isn't... it's an off-road bike. It has knobby tires."

The Honda pilot seems to have pulled a hamstring in his endeavors. Verrrrry interesting.
View attachment 214646
the trail didnt seem terribly bad except one little section...i may have been grateful to have been on the husky rather than the tw (boo...hiss) !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Admire the way psunami & his son sampled so much more of the region after the Moab rides. If one can swing the extra time why not see and enjoy as much as possible? Either way the highway miles and fuel used are about the same whether one dashes back home or pauses to enjoy more of what life and the beautiful southwest have to offer. (y)

I usually add a little side trip to enjoy unique landforms, archeological sites, or just add an exciting alternate route through new country. I figure if on a thousand mile trip what's a hundred mile detour in the big scheme of things if it allows me to experience something I may never take the time to visit on my own again.
are we living to work or working to live? i'm lucky enough to be able to take the time being a self employed carpenter most of the time, though i swear it may be a curse as well! I know because of how much i curse when im working sometimes! gotta live while your alive though, nobody else is gonna do it for ya. we'll all ride off into the sunset someday...

·
Registered
22,001 Posts
Priceless:

Actually Mork left his CB175 on a fairly mild section of the tough 5MOH trail, wasn't even dappled with trail dust.

·
Super Moderator
14,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Moab 21 Day 2 Gemini Bull Long Pucker-Shafer
On Day 2 we connect a bunch of roads to make it a nice day ride. Our route took us up Gemini Bridges road, then in & out of Bull Canyon before stopping at Gemini Bridges. We then hoofed it over and down Long Canyon thru Pucker Pass with a quick view of Jug Handle Arch. The group split with two riders heading back to camp and two of us continuing up Potash Rd. to run Shafer Switchbacks. Instead of riding pavement all the way back, we decided to return on Gemini Bridges Rd. There was still a lot of traffic headed up to Gemini Bridges when we returned in the late afternoon. Good Times.

·
Super Moderator
6,277 Posts
On a side note – I love how many of these ride reports could win the “Bike of the Month” challenge, but we’re too busy riding to give a damn – lol

Pure class ……

·
Super Moderator
14,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Moab 21 Day 3 7 Mile Rim to Wipeout Hill
We start out the day and ride 7 Mile Rim Trail over to the top of Wipeout Hill. (Warning: some turbulence and scary cliffs were encountered. View at your own discretion). :)

21 - 40 of 80 Posts