TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,095 Posts
Moab 21 Day 3 7 Mile Rim to Wipeout Hill
We start out the day and ride 7 Mile Rim Trail over to the top of Wipeout Hill. (Warning: some turbulence and scary cliffs were encountered. View at your own discretion). :)
Moab really is an amazing place. Nice video's Kris, thank you.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
269 Posts
Moab 21 Day 3 7 Mile Rim to Wipeout Hill
We start out the day and ride 7 Mile Rim Trail over to the top of Wipeout Hill. (Warning: some turbulence and scary cliffs were encountered. View at your own discretion). :)
I like the steep slickrock climbs and descents. Heard a bit of rubber barking on one, I think.

·
Super Moderator
14,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I like the steep slickrock climbs and descents. Heard a bit of rubber barking on one, I think.
I heard that too from my son on the Bee. Some of those ups and downs can be intimidating for sure.

·
Registered
697 Posts
The image stabilization on your camera is so good that it makes the ride appear way smoother that I'm sure it really was. When you approached some of the obstacles I kept expecting to see the camera jump up and down, but it smoothed it all out. Your riding skill must be taking some of the turbulence out also.
Thanks for the video.

·
Super Moderator
14,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The image stabilization on your camera is so good that it makes the ride appear way smoother that I'm sure it really was. When you approached some of the obstacles I kept expecting to see the camera jump up and down, but it smoothed it all out. Your riding skill must be taking some of the turbulence out also.
Thanks for the video.
Thank goodness for image stabilization...for the viewer. Yeah, as you can imagine it gets pretty rough out there. Image stabilized cameras help keep folks from getting seasick like my old bouncy video. Your comment brings back the memory of one of my first attempts at videoing a ride with a still camera in a video setting with the strap hanging around my neck or me holding the camera with one hand. Can you imagine trying to video a trail in Moab one-handed? haha, not!

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
14,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Here's the perfect stabilizer, and you get eggs as a side benefit. (Or roast chicken if you get a stabilization dud.)

Bwahaha. My camera is chicken...or is it me?

·
Registered
697 Posts
That's great.
Maybe I will tape a go pro to one of my chickens then tape it's feet to the handle bars. Would that be considered an organic video?

Not to highjack, but Smarter Every Day is one of my favorite channels on YouTube.
His one about the backward steering bicycle is so good I shared it with all of my staff to help highlight new motor learning.

·
Super Moderator
14,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Moab 21 Day 3 1 Tusher Wash
2nd half of our day three we rode Tusher Wash going up the dead-end canyon for lunch. Then down the wash and back to camp for some much-needed rest.

·
Super Moderator
14,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Somehow, someway, someday - reddave will be there!
...and to think I almost didn't go. I think Pupsocket and Appleguy were the only two folks who had originally sign up to go. The rest of us were late with our commitments. I like riding there in the spring because our trails have opened up here yet. I've not ridden Moab in the fall but maybe someday. I keep saying that but get drawn into spring every time.

·
Registered
21,597 Posts
More good stuff as usual.(y)
With all the sharp edge ledges it is interesting that there are very few flat tires on the TWs in Moab over the years.
Wonder if it's because we roll over stuff slow enough?:cool:

·
Super Moderator
14,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
More good stuff as usual.(y)
With all the sharp edge ledges it is interesting that there are very few flat tires on the TWs in Moab over the years.
Wonder if it's because we roll over stuff slow enough?:cool:
I've been surprised by the same thing (lack of pinch flats). Has to be because we ride slow. I've had one pinch flat in the past and it was the front tire. I hit a rock but not a sharp edge like the Moab step ledge rocks. It wasn't at Moab either. It was a 60-mile round trip to get the haul vehicle, and this was after we limped my TW a mile or two to the nearest campground.

·
Super Moderator
14,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Moab 21 Day 4 Dellenbaugh Tunnel Secret Spire
Today we visit Dubinky Well, Dellenbaugh Tunnel, and Secret Spire. On the way back we ride Dubinky Wash past an old homestead, through Bartlett Wash, and then back to camp. Great ride day!

·
Super Moderator
14,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
No, it's real!

Yes, I'm pulling your leg. Class must pay attention to my humor sometimes. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I wonder if the TW203 and TW204 would be any good on that slick rock.
Street-oriented tires would give you excellent traction on the slickrock. How they perform in the sand in between slickrock sections may be suspect. Moab 21 sand was deeper and looser than in past years. I suspect the ever-increasing number of "golf carts" on the trails has something to do with it. That and this was also after the Jeep Easter Safari weekend.
Stay tuned for my "Sandtrap" video coming soon for sand condtions. :)

Reactions: Ken
41 - 60 of 76 Posts