TW200 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Looks like it's going to be a great gathering. If you get a chance, ride Long Valley, it's a good ride with lots of Kodak moments along the way.
Mikey

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
I know there is at least one person really thinking about this upcoming Moab TW get-together. It really sounds like a blast doesn't it? You've never been there and you can almost envision the fun you'd have if you went. You'll see part of the country that is unlike anywhere in the world. Everyone should visit Moab once in their life. Right?

So...how about you? This year? You gonna go? You'll meet some wonderful folks too, perhaps meet several new lifetime friends. It happens every year.

I know, I know, you'd like to, but your a new rider and not that well experienced yet. Guess what, no body cares, no one's going to laugh at you either. I'll bet you have the best time you've had in years too.
Still thinking about it? Well? Go!!! Have fun and the experience of a lifetime!!

I'll send you a brand new crisp Benjamin Franklin to help with gas to get you there...

So what's it going to be? Bro, don't miss out!! You know you want to go!!

Contact me, and it's yours. 🏁(y)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have an opportunity to leave for UT a bit earlier, and may arrive as early as Wednesday. Is anyone else thinking along these lines?

The Domestic Associate is adding honey-do's to my list almost as fast as I cross items off my own pack/maintenance list, so timing is still fluid.

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
I know there is at least one person really thinking about this upcoming Moab TW get-together. It really sounds like a blast doesn't it? You've never been there and you can almost envision the fun you'd have if you went. You'll see part of the country that is unlike anywhere in the world. Everyone should visit Moab once in their life. Right?

So...how about you? This year? You gonna go? You'll meet some wonderful folks too, perhaps meet several new lifetime friends. It happens every year.

I know, I know, you'd like to, but your a new rider and not that well experienced yet. Guess what, no body cares, no one's going to laugh at you either. I'll bet you have the best time you've had in years too.
Still thinking about it? Well? Go!!! Have fun and the experience of a lifetime!!

I'll send you a brand new crisp Benjamin Franklin to help with gas to get you there...

So what's it going to be? Bro, don't miss out!! You know you want to go!!

Contact me, and it's yours. 🏁(y)
Bump

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Little Tommy is right. Moab offers rides for all levels of rider and every ride will be far more scenic than most everything you are used to. I have been there twice and spent a week or more each time and still haven't seen it all. If you can work it to get out there, don't miss the oportunity.
Mikey

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
Hey out there, yeah you, the guy who needs a bit of help getting to Moab. Ya going or not?
100 bucks of gas to help you, right now.
Just tell me you want to go.

·
Registered
42 Posts
wow...so i am on here periodically over the period of several years, mainly just reading, and have been wanting to go to one of these., and last night when you posted this i was like, dude, he's talking to me! anyway, i kinda blew it off wth, awe na, i'm just imagining things, but i had a bunch of really strange and wonderful vivid dreams last night, and got up thinking your post was just part of them, but low and behold it is still here. so, actually i think i would like to make a reservation for possibly being able to make it, although i think it would be most awesome if you (little tommy) would be there too...i would never accept the benjamin unless it was personally from your hand. then i could go buy beer for everyone! (or whatever other snacks/drinks might be appropriate to include everyone) at any rate thank you for the incredible offer, and the intentions of inspiration behind it! been to moab a few times but its always been worth it! ive just got a little truck camper so i wont take up much space if yall would have me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
google says 1336 miles from beaumont tx...but my truck no likey the interstate. i think 3 days for me to get there, i dont drive too fast and never after dark if i can help it! i have a scheduled appointment on the 10th, but i can try to move that up. anyhow hoping to be able to make it by the 13th at the latest, if it all comes together.

·
Super Moderator
14,427 Posts
google says 1336 miles from beaumont tx...but my truck no likey the interstate. i think 3 days for me to get there, i dont drive too fast and never after dark if i can help it! i have a scheduled appointment on the 10th, but i can try to move that up. anyhow hoping to be able to make it by the 13th at the latest, if it all comes together.
I think I'm supposed to say... wait for it..."ya'll are more than welcome". It's gonna be a smaller group compared to other years but will still be great. I and two of my sons have to leave the morning of the 16th so keep that in mind when pinning down your dates. I'll be there late afternoon early evening of the 8th. I'll be using my popup truck camper which it looks like that's what you have as well looking at your avatar.
I'm busy most of today but I'm hoping will put out some information tomorrow so the group can actually find each other and be a group haha!

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
wow...so i am on here periodically over the period of several years, mainly just reading, and have been wanting to go to one of these., and last night when you posted this i was like, dude, he's talking to me! anyway, i kinda blew it off wth, awe na, i'm just imagining things, but i had a bunch of really strange and wonderful vivid dreams last night, and got up thinking your post was just part of them, but low and behold it is still here. so, actually i think i would like to make a reservation for possibly being able to make it, although i think it would be most awesome if you (little tommy) would be there too...i would never accept the benjamin unless it was personally from your hand. then i could go buy beer for everyone! (or whatever other snacks/drinks might be appropriate to include everyone) at any rate thank you for the incredible offer, and the intentions of inspiration behind it! been to moab a few times but its always been worth it! ive just got a little truck camper so i wont take up much space if yall would have me.
Finally!! You listened. :D
Ok brother, you're going!! I was waiting just for you too!! Yeah, just cruise over there and have a great time. Your going to have a blast.
Are you still hauling the bike up front and doe's little Chihuahwee get to go? You'll break a heart if you go camping and on a road trip without em. You know how they love that stuff!!
I'm thrilled you're going. Shoot me a PM with full name and address and It will be in the mail today.

Yeah!!! Road Trip!!!

Yee Hah, Let's hit the road Dude, fire up the truck!!

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Hey out there, yeah you, the guy who needs a bit of help getting to Moab. Ya going or not?
100 bucks of gas to help you, right now.
Just tell me you want to go.
The Way Demented Joe is going with the Gas Prices that might get you 5 gallons by Memorial Day...just went up 33 cents a gallon yesterday in Western Ohio...:mad: But you are still a good man LT...

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
The Way Demented Joe is going with the Gas Prices that might get you 5 gallons by Memorial Day...just went up 33 cents a gallon yesterday in Western Ohio...:mad: But you are still a good man LT...
There's no good in this ol boy, Hoot. I'm just a hand that passes out God's blessings. It wasn't mine, it came from Him. I do enjoy that part of the job though.

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
Are any forum members driving through Spokane on their way to Moab by any chance? ejfranz? BigBlake?

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
I am, on Tuesday morning. Should hit there between 9 and 10:30 am. Will be pulling a 40’ toy hauler so can’t get too far off the main roads.
Great, thanks for replying Sir. I'm not going and I have a little something for the folks showing up there. Could we meet somewhere for a moment perhaps?

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
Sure, not a problem. Happy to help out.
You've been through town before I am sure. Where would you be comfortable stopping? I can meet you where ever that is.

81 - 100 of 134 Posts