TW200 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey thank yall...yes definitely bringing little Cali, cant do it without the little pupper! even if i go for a little ride on the bike without her shell be giving me the cold shoulder when i return...she loves to ride! of course sometimes i do leave he rin the camper if i think theres a possibility i could take a tumble, as many of the rides in moab qualify for! and a small motorcycle trailer...but which bikes to bring!? I'm guessing the tw is pretty mandatory, and i only have 2 slots available so...i have a triumph tiger 800 that is my main mode of transportation now if i dont want to drive the camper, BUT...just got a new to me husky 501! pretty excited about it and no where around my home to really ride it properly so i haven't even had a chance to try it out yet. hmmm. not a bad dilema to be in i suppose. probably decide the day before i leave!

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
hey thank yall...yes definitely bringing little Cali, cant do it without the little pupper! even if i go for a little ride on the bike without her shell be giving me the cold shoulder when i return...she loves to ride! of course sometimes i do leave he rin the camper if i think theres a possibility i could take a tumble, as many of the rides in moab qualify for! and a small motorcycle trailer...but which bikes to bring!? I'm guessing the tw is pretty mandatory, and i only have 2 slots available so...i have a triumph tiger 800 that is my main mode of transportation now if i dont want to drive the camper, BUT...just got a new to me husky 501! pretty excited about it and no where around my home to really ride it properly so i haven't even had a chance to try it out yet. hmmm. not a bad dilema to be in i suppose. probably decide the day before i leave!
My Chihuahua Katy is a veteran rider with 5 years experience now. It's her very favorite thing to do. If I even whisper the words "Katy's Moto" her ears go straight up, she will jump off the couch and pester me endlessly until we go. She doesn't forget it either. Even an hour later, she will still be begging me to go...
Bro, send me your name and address ASAP please.

Reactions: psunami and ejfranz

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Are any forum members driving through Spokane on their way to Moab by any chance? ejfranz? BigBlake?
Border is still closed, so no Moab for me this Spring. Would love to drop in for a visit.

Linda and I got our vaccinations yesterday, so time will tell when we will be able to travel again.

We have a new truck and camper on order (May delivery), so are hoping we can at least travel across Canada this summer and then down into the US in the fall. Can’t wait to get back to riding and sitting around a camp fire with all my TW friends.

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
Reactions: Pupsocket

·
Registered
171 Posts
google says 1336 miles from beaumont tx...but my truck no likey the interstate. i think 3 days for me to get there, i dont drive too fast and never after dark if i can help it! i have a scheduled appointment on the 10th, but i can try to move that up. anyhow hoping to be able to make it by the 13th at the latest, if it all comes together.
Looking forward to seeing you there. The Googs tells me just under 1300 miles, and I was originally planning on two days with a very long first day of 900 miles, but I'll probably stretch it to 3 days.

·
Registered
152 Posts
We have a new truck and camper on order (May delivery), so are hoping we can at least travel across Canada this summer and then down into the US in the fall. Can’t wait to get back to riding and sitting around a camp fire with all my TW friends.
What did you get?

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey out there, yeah you, the guy who needs a bit of help getting to Moab. Ya going or not?
100 bucks of gas to help you, right now.
Just tell me you want to go.
Hey Tommy
That is incredibly generous of you, I think I'll go.
Just kidding, but it's getting hot already, I think it got up to 80 yesterday.
If anyone needs a place to work on their bikes or anything else, send me a message.
Unfortunately I don't have mine in working order yet, I have been so busy trying to catch up on other things.
I know it's not a good excuse, but it'll have to do.
Hopefully I can get my flat tire repaired and meet some of you folks.

·
Super Moderator
14,427 Posts
Moab Arrival Roundup

Howdy All, Don’t want to make it too confusing but just thought I’d throw some info out there so we could all find each other once we arrive in the area.

This who I believe is attending. I have cell contact for everyone except psunami.

Admiral
KC (Admiral son #1)
Stig (Admiral son #2)
Appleguy
TrialRun
Pupsocket
Psunami
Bodi

Whoever arrives first and finds a place, try and post to the Current Moab Thread on the forum of your camp location so we can get the word to everyone. If I get the word, I’ll send a txt message to let everyone know.

I’m still on track to arrive late afternoon on the 8th.

Here are the potential camp spots and is just a guide. None are that far off hwy 191 and are all between Archview Campground and the Moab Airport. Here are the potential spots:

Willow Springs rd. approx. 1 mile north of Archview RV Campground.

We’ve had camp at this location every year we’ve been down there but any spot to accommodate Appleguy’s big RV and the group will do.

Past camp location
Lat: 38° 41.781'N
Lng: 109° 41.410'W

Fallen Peace Officer TH: The Lat/Long I’m posting is for the turn-off hwy 191. The trailhead area is just back around the corner and will become evident when you get there.

Hwy191 turn off location
Lat: 38° 43.779'N
LNG: 109° 43.494'W

Klondike Bluffs: I’m not very familiar with the area but I’ve seen some camping which is about 3 miles off hwy 191. From the turn-off hwy 191 (then go about 3 miles). Could be camping before 3 miles in but not sure.

Hwy191 turn off location
Lat: 38° 43.779'N
LNG: 109° 43.494'W

Dalton Well Gravel Pit. Approx. 1 mile off hwy 191. I’m not familiar with this spot but it looks easy enough to find since it’s on Dalten Wells Rd. Dalton Wells road is about a mile north of Willow Springs rd. Here is the Lat/Long for the turn-off hwy 191. Then approx 1 mile.

Hwy191 Turn off location
Lat: 38° 43.774'N
Long: 109° 43.498'W

Last resort possible alternate-Cotter Mind Rd/Blue Hills TH Staging Area. Cotter mine/Blue Hills rds. turn off hwy 191 is off the west side of 191 just a few hundred yards south of the turn-off for Fallen Peace Officer Trail. I think the road might be named Blue Hills. There are a couple of TH staging areas but I’m not positive we can camp there. Just thought I’d mention this area as a possibility.

If you find something different just post up so we can all find you.

See ya'll down/up/over in Moab!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the response. I hope we can work out a schedule that works out for all of us. Mo and I would love to be able to meet up with you and Mrs. Admiral. August is out as I will be up in your neck of the woods. I am meeting a friend who lives by Caldwell and we are going to ride the IDBDR.
Well stated, by the way, any ride I organize is pretty unorganized.
Mikey
Hello. I am interested in hauling my TW and riding the area around Moab. I have a pickup with a camper. Please let me know if and when you are planning to go, I could be ready to go by mid- April. Thanks, James

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello. I am interested in hauling my TW and riding the area around Moab. I have a pickup with a camper. Please let me know if and when you are planning to go, I could be ready to go by mid- April. Thanks, James
James, we are gathering the 9th through the 16th of this month. You are more than welcome and it will be the experience of a lifetime. See above posts by Admiral. Give him your contact info so you can locate the group. Camp and meet up area is still a bit up in the air until a few of us arrive and find a spot.

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
Just met Appleguy (Stu) in town to pass on some goodies for the Moab group. What a nice guy!! What a monster RV!!! Have fun everyone!!

Reactions: Purple

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
All aboard !! Last train to MOAB....

100 more bucks to help someone go...

LAST CHANCE...

Is it you??

Just tell me you want to go... and that 100 bucks would help make it happen.

:unsure:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm staying tonight at Willow Springs. My location is a large open area with one other rig. There maybe room for our group here, but it can't be held, so we'll have to reassess tomorrow when others start to arrive.

For those who don't know, I have a maroon Honda CRV and a gray squaredrop trailer.

·
Super Moderator
14,427 Posts
Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
171 Posts
Is there a lot of people there?
I don't really know how much is typical. I spoke with a woman who RVs full-time and she said this is almost as many people as a non-covid Easter.

A lot of the individual sites are taken, but many of the big wide open group areas are mostly open. I've seen maybe a half-dozen new arrivals go by my location.

101 - 120 of 134 Posts