TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,524 Posts
What are the day and nighttime temps right now up there?
The highs have been in the low 70’s but dropping towards the end of the week. Lows have been from mid 30’s to low 40’s. Tonight it’s really windy so no fire and we’re all hold up in our campers.

·
Super Moderator
14,524 Posts
Yesterday we rode some of M&M, Mashed Potato, Fallen Peace Officer, Copper Ridge, 3D, and Sovereign ATV trails.

We also visited Tusher Tunnel

Way too windy and dusty for a campfire last night. Morning fire will have to do

Have to improvise when your sink faucet doesn’t work.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Heading home. I should have tried to start Mr. Putter up here. 20°F and 12,000 foot elevation.

I've flown the drone at that temp and altitude before, but not at the same time. Had to pause in a hover to warm up batts. Got some more fortunately timed sun.

·
Super Moderator
14,524 Posts
Heading home. I should have tried to start Mr. Putter up here. 20°F and 12,000 foot elevation. View attachment 214003
I've flown the drone at that temp and altitude before, but not at the same time. Had to pause in a hover to warm up batts. Got some more fortunately timed sun.
View attachment 214006
And here I was complaining about the overnight Moab temperatures in the 30's. Looks much colder here. Of course, we didn't have to ride in this spot...which would have been much colder also by the looks of it.

·
Super Moderator
14,524 Posts
Last ride day in Moab for 2021. Bodie left late afternoon the day before, Pupsocket and Trialrun left today and Appleguy took the day off so it was myself, psnunami, psnunamison, stig, and CookieMonster.
We had planned to ride Sand Flat's Hell's Revenge, Fins & Things, and Slickrock Singletrack. However, my oldest son (CookieMonster) was a bit worn out from the previous day's ride (so was I) so we changed plans. This was CookieMonster's first trip to Moab so everything was new to him. He asked to see Gemini Bridges. So, with that our plans changed and we headed out on the trail.

The plaque at Gemini Bridges

Canyon below Gemini Bridges

Then we rode out to Hey Joe Canyon. It was a good day to ride.

psunami and psunamison at the entrance of a mostly covered mine adit

Stig and CookieMonster at Hey Joe

Mining relics left behind

I had another great week of riding in Moab with some of the nicest folks around. Thanks to MikeK to start this even though he couldn't attend. Take care everybody and "ride on"!

·
Super Moderator
18,965 Posts
Last ride day in Moab for 2021. Bodie left late afternoon the day before, Pupsocket and Trialrun left today and Appleguy took the day off so it was myself, psnunami, psnunamison, stig, and CookieMonster.
We had planned to ride Sand Flat's Hell's Revenge, Fins & Things, and Slickrock Singletrack. However, my oldest son (CookieMonster) was a bit worn out from the previous day's ride (so was I) so we changed plans. This was CookieMonster's first trip to Moab so everything was new to him. He asked to see Gemini Bridges. So, with that our plans changed and we headed out on the trail.
View attachment 214015
The plaque at Gemini Bridges
View attachment 214020
Canyon below Gemini Bridges
View attachment 214021

Then we rode out to Hey Joe Canyon. It was a good day to ride.

psunami and psunamison at the entrance of a mostly covered mine adit
View attachment 214016
Stig and CookieMonster at Hey Joe
View attachment 214017
Mining relics left behind
View attachment 214018
View attachment 214019

I had another great week of riding in Moab with some of the nicest folks around. Thanks to MikeK to start this even though he couldn't attend. Take care everybody and "ride on"!
Excellent!!

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the Traveling Lizrd Award. Since about traveling, it is in a place of honor with Mark Twain (riverboat traveler) and various other artifacts from Egypt and Singapore (at least until Mrs. TrialRun gets home and sees it). And also in honor of the auspicious occasion, I am including photos of other classic Major Awards.

·
Registered
220 Posts
On Tuesday, TrialRun led me over Hurrah Pass and nearly to the end of Chicken Corners. I was too chicken to walk the narrow ledge around the last corner. This is a quick edit of some of the drone footage captured during this ride. Apologies in advance for the lack of motorcycles; they are yet to come. I left Moab Wednesday morning, and only returned Saturday afternoon after an unplanned extra day on the road.

·
Registered
21,500 Posts
Pretty amazing public lands in that part of the world, especially since so much is open to motorized adventures.
While seemingly somewhat barren to many I find the deeply eroded Colorado Plateau has its own enchanting beauty.
Thanks to all for sharing the stories, vid's and pictures.
A trip to Moab sure is unique.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
On Tuesday, TrialRun led me over Hurrah Pass and nearly to the end of Chicken Corners. I was too chicken to walk the narrow ledge around the last corner.
I know how you feel, but it is well worth the heart pounding, Adrenaline rush once you are on the other side.

Reactions: admiral and MikeK

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Well it looks like everyone had a very good time. I hope to get back out there myself once I find out my new limits with my heart. We did do a whopping 34 mile ride from home and did fine on that one, though a bit tired the next day.
Mikey

·
Super Moderator
14,524 Posts
On Tuesday, TrialRun led me over Hurrah Pass and nearly to the end of Chicken Corners. I was too chicken to walk the narrow ledge around the last corner. This is a quick edit of some of the drone footage captured during this ride. Apologies in advance for the lack of motorcycles; they are yet to come. I left Moab Wednesday morning, and only returned Saturday afternoon after an unplanned extra day on the road.

I knew the drone shots would be cool. Stu and I drove out to the Thelma & Louise point. I wasn't exactly sure the movie was shot here but knew it was in the general area. A couple of days ago I watched the ending of the movie to verify. Then you note it in your video. So cool!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I saw this on Facebook “I Love Single Track “

Like riding in Moab?
Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance is trying to shut down 330,000 acres of current motorized recreation in the Labyrinth Rims/Gemini Bridges Special Recreation Area right outside of Moab. That includes EVERY TRAIL west of Highway 191 and north of town all the way to the interstate. Gemini Bridges, Rusty Nail, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Golden Crack, Poison Spider, Monitor & Merimac, Seven Mile Rim, Bull Canyon, White Wash Dunes, 10 Mile Canyon, Bartlett, Tusher, Determination Towers, Mashed Potatoes, Secret Spire, Dubinky, 3D, Dead Cow, The Tubes, and all the atv and singletrack surrounding the dunes.

Want to continue riding this unique, one-in-the-world area?

It takes 2-3 minutes to make your voice and the voice of other motorized recreators heard. Click Here: https://eplanning.blm.gov/eplanning-ui/project/2001224/510

Look to the left side where it says Participate Now highlighted in green.
Scroll all the way to the right and click Participate Now again, highlighted in green.

Follow through the submission process and urge BLM to retain this wonderful recreation area. Deadline is APRIL 26 and as of right now I was the 12th submission. We gotta get these numbers up!

Share this one far and wide. We need as many pro-motorized comments on this as we can get in the next week.

LT , Admiral or Purple could you put this in an appropriate spot.

Reactions: Fred
141 - 160 of 160 Posts