TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The smoke has cleared and GaryL asked about setup so this is mine, I had the procycle heavy rear red spring and heavy front springs and set my 10w oil at 130mm per the LIZ. I am 250 pounds and never bottomed out the front or rear and going down a very aggressive hill around 8 miles or so Borneo said he bottomed out many time and he is a lightweight at 210 or so. IMG_2057_zps5vc0jh6y.jpg ME my bike was perfect for me and not for you.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is one slot.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only mistake I made was putting a gallon of gas in my soft back pack on my rack and a pint in my tank saddle bag was not needed with the 2.7 Clark tank.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Well, I was rigged for fuel because Fred and I planned to ride the Maze district...but of course Betty got ill. Beauty of the Rotopax is you can just take it off. I did carry it at all times, but that was out of concern for others, not because I needed it on the length of rides we did.

·
Registered
19,212 Posts
Thank you again for the loan of your bike, Borneo. Having your extra fuel on board gave me the confidence to casually ride wherever my curiosity took me, in this case an additional 40 plus miles beyond my original planned route. I had originally thought that I would feel the additional weight of the 2 gal. Rotopax but it was relatively unnoticeable after a few minutes aboard.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
As you know Fred, quite a few people have asked me over time about hauling the two gallons of fuel and having a front rack and my response has always been that I really don't even notice it's there. I guess you getting used to it quickly confirms that it truly doesn't make that much difference. I'll be hauling fuel again in Michigan for the Rites of Spring, but I'm thinking of getting a one gallon pack. I've got three of the two gallon ones for various applications and I'm thinking a one gallon might be ideal.

The pannier racks were of course used ones I bought on the classifieds here and basically refurbished. I was curious about how those would handle, but once again, I really just didn't notice them. I don't plan to leave those on all the time and will switch back to a Manrack here shortly.

·
Registered
19,212 Posts
Borneo, I did allow your bike to get gently sucked into a sandy embankment picking up the tuft of grass beneath front left turn-signal. I basically just ran wide on my first attempt to rail trough some sandy "S-es". A quick once-over revealed no additional damage I could detect. Hope there was no unseen damage to racks, panniers or other equipment. Kind of late to apologize I know.
The Borneo-cycle did go on reserve when I was at the snow line in the LaSal foothills but knowledge of the 2 gallons of gas snuggled up behind me removed any concerns about getting back to town without hitch-hiking.

·
Registered
19,212 Posts
As long as I am teasing you Borneo let me point out that I passed a group of six Mx-ers on the slick rock all of whom were running trials tires. I couldn't help but think why Kurt puts a MX tire on his bike when even the MX-ers remove theirs in favor of a trials pattern. Must be an Indiana thing...
I wanted to leave the tuft of grass in place when I returned the bike as a joke. However the Honda riding Adam from Colorado I met removed the grass while we were yucking it up. I fortunately had made sure to video the grass decoration before.
All teasing aside I did appreciate your tank bag and how it neatly held a folded map for quick access. I just had to be careful when re-fueling to un-bubkle it out of the way of possible spills.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts