TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Moab Mud Flappies

14K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  kxgood 
#1 ·
Sue and I were scraping the mud off the front of our TW motors. It wasn't just mud, it was Moab Mud, the worst sticky I've seen. The mud had accumulated on the front of the motor coming from under the front fender. The motor cooling fins were totally filled with mud. We tried talking the mud off the motor and when that failed we started scraping it off. It was about this time the clouds parted, the sun came out and Rider21 pulls up on his TW and parks. His motor fins were all clean. He had mud everywhere except the front of his motor! He had rubber fender flappies. The extension of the front fender really made a difference keeping the front of the motor clean and cool! Fast forward a couple of weeks, we receive in the mail a pair of Mud Flaps hand crafted by Rider21. These fender extensions are the cats meow. What a difference they make. Thank you Rider21. Great person. Dirts a Flyen SanDue :rolleyes::D

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Your welcome Dan. It is small payment for all you and Sue do for us. For those thinking about fabbing up something similar, the "T" support is made from 1/8" ABS formed with a heat gun and keeps the garlock flap from getting sucked up between the tire and fender. I mounted mine on the inside of the fender like Apolloha's. I also rigged up a flap for the rear to keep mud out of the shock spring area. I'll post some pic if I can find them.

#8 ·
#9 · (Edited)

Reactions: Rider21
#11 ·
Welcome aboard, CB900F! I just found the TKSPEED model posted above on AliExpress for $3.17 shipped. Maybe by the time that it shows up the high mountain trails will be thawed!

Reactions: CB900F
#20 ·
My TKSPEED mud flap arrived today. Just in time for mud season!

Reactions: Ken and CB900F
#22 ·

#26 ·
Neither do I! But I swear...that's the last damned thing I ever order from China...

Reactions: TW_in_BC and CB900F
#27 ·
ePackets , those subsidized mail rates, funneled through Post Office but eventually borne by US taxpayers are another of the trade imbalances America has given away in administrations past. They shouldn't be part of the path to making America great again.
" In 2011, the U.S. Postal Service made special agreements with the national postal carriers of China and Hong Kong (and subsequently South Korea and Singapore) to allow tracking-enabled packages not exceeding 36” or weighing over 4.4 pounds to be sent to the U.S. for extremely low rates. They called this shipping option the ePacket, and the rates are so low that it's cheaper to ship small parcels from China to an American city than it is to send that same parcel domestically."

#29 · (Edited)
A free open market would have shipping rates at current market prices, not subsidized with your and my tax payer dollars.
For example why don't you compare how much it would cost you to send those very same jets from your location back to the Chinese vendor and then we can talk about about what constitutes a free open market.
That 2011 trade deal does not include reciprocal free shipping from American vendors to those Asian markets.
The ONLY USPS ship method that will give you tracking all the way to delivery in China will cost you a little over $60 for a small package like those jets., important if you seek a refund.
From China's rate calculator figure on $35 for the first 100 grams, then $25 for each additional 100 grams for shipping where you will not get tracking. However the Chinese due to their COVID-19 virus has recently suspended or cancelled their ePacket shipments while adding a "temporary" additional transportation surcharge on all off-oline, international small parcel and off-line e-express businesses.

Reactions: Low-N-Slow
#30 ·
This thread inspired me. I keep tons of bike parts I get for free from wrecks or take offs, and have a dozen rear fenders off sport bikes. Made front and rear extenders for my C-14 out of them, and then took an R-6 (Stayed with Yamaha) fender and made an extension to replace my chewed up rubber mudflap I had for years on the TW. Looks funky but fits the bikes post apocalyptic engineering theme.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.