TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Onion Creek ridden by itself is a rather short but very scenic ride. Riding through the canyon was cool. Literally as we were refreshed by the 27 creek crossings as noted in the Moab book. We didn't count them but rode up to the big valley and back so I suppose we got 54 or so crossings in. Really nice photo's of Onion Creek and glad someone got to ride it besides us!

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
I used to happily camp up Onion Creek but unfortunately as Moab region is being loved to death that is no longer permitted. Nice to visit though.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
I used to happily camp up Onion Creek but unfortunately as Moab region is being loved to death that is no longer permitted. Nice to visit though.
I knew you had mentioned camping up Onion Crk in the past and was sorta sad about the No Camping designation except the campground right at the start of the road. Lots of neat spots to camp "up canyon".

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
I can understand the need to limit the cumulative impact of people and their waste. It was nice while it lasted. I admit a bunch of campers dotting the creek crossings would detract from the experience as one works one's way upstream. I saw only a happy couple on horseback sharing a leaking can of beer while running their dog up the creek bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts