TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been to Moab, Utah in late March throught the first week of April? If so hows the weather then. Ive been wanting to make a trip out there but havent done it yet. Ive got another little one coming late May so i might try to get a trip in before then.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Anyone been to Moab, Utah in late March throught the first week of April? If so hows the weather then. Ive been wanting to make a trip out there but havent done it yet. Ive got another little one coming late May so i might try to get a trip in before then.

Moab has been my annual vacation destination for the past five years (minus one year when we went to Escalante, Ut instead). Generally my wife and I go in May, I've never been there in March or April however two years ago in early May we got a lot of rain and some snow flurries at the higher elevations. This past year we we're there in mid-May and enjoyed cool nights and warm days with no rain. A bonus to going later in the year is that the days will be a little longer.

if you have any other questions just let me know. It's an amazing place and no matter when you go you won't be disappointed!

Kevin

·
Registered
3,544 Posts

That's pretty early. You could get anything from sunny skies and 65 degree temps to mid 30's with rain and snow. When I lived in Colorado, we didn't even think about going down there until early May.

One thing for sure, if you can't just take off on a moment's notice when you see a big warm high pressure system setting up like we could when living just a four hour drive away, you are taking a HUGE chance.

·
Registered
908 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I've gone there during that time frame 4 times since 2002. All during the Easter Jeep Safari. Weather can be chilli in the evenings and occassional snow. But it usually melts and back to warm temps during the day. April is a great time of year to go.

Well, my experience was from 30 years ago, maybe global warming has improved the odds........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts