TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Mobile Emergency Numbers other than 911

1033 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Mad Mac
For a real emergency, dial 911; but what about other types of problems encountered while riding or driving; drunk drivers, abandoned cars, wash outs, rock slides and the like.

Recently, I was involved with a tree across the road (and thank you all for the support and kind words).

Here is a map showing the alternate Highway Notification Numbers by state. Many states use only 911 but your state may have another number you might want to add to your cell phone. I was glad that I had mine.
1 - 2 of 5 Posts
I was told about a number for mobile phones that can be used anywhere in the country. 1-800-373-3411 I have not had occasion to try it out.

That is true. It is a free 411 directory assistance number with about 12 seconds of advertising. You could then ask for the city police, county sheriff or state trooper number or a Thai restaurant I guess and they will connect you if you desire.

Thanks. I'm going to add that to my cell phone.
1 - 2 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.