TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am on the forum on my phone (iPhone 6+), I often get a popup/redirection occurrence.

I've attached what it looks like:

redirect1.PNG redirect2.PNG

It pops the first one and then redirects to the page as shown in the 2nd pic.

This does not occur on my laptop. It does not occur on other forums which use the same software. It only occurs on here, when using my phone.

Thought the admins should be aware.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Yep I am getting it too on IPad.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I NEVER get it. Adblock plus..........

Tom

·
Administrator
412 Posts
do you have the link to the re-direct?

it's an issue that's happening on iphone/ipads when users are using the desktop skin. We need to pinpoint the location and URL to block it.

Lee

·
Administrator
412 Posts
Hey there,
Thank you but we need the full URL of the re-direct in order to block it.
Next time this pops up, please copy and paste the whole URL.

Richard.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I have noticed lately that then I am Reading a thread or typing a responsese, something happens that flips the page to another part and I have to
relocate where I was to continue reading or typing. It has happened 6 times while typing this response.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I get the pop up redirect on my iPad, too.

I also get it on the Triumph RAT forum, which I believe is owned by the same company as the TW200 forum.

I have deleted the web browser cache, but it still randomly occurs.

jb

·
Administrator
412 Posts
I have noticed lately that then I am Reading a thread or typing a responsese, something happens that flips the page to another part and I have to
relocate where I was to continue reading or typing. It has happened 6 times while typing this response.
What browser / OS / device are you using?

Is this the mobile view or the desktop view (if using phone)?

Is it redirecting you to another website or just changing where you are in place on the page (jumping either up or down a thread)?

Have you cleared your cache and cookies?

I get the pop up redirect on my iPad, too.

I also get it on the Triumph RAT forum, which I believe is owned by the same company as the TW200 forum.

I have deleted the web browser cache, but it still randomly occurs.

jb
Can you provide the URL of the ad you are seeing and we will investigate, along with a screenshot.

Thanks,
- JB

·
Registered
2,406 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Administrator
412 Posts
We got a new theory that we'd like you to try. Been getting some initial success.

Do you use Facebook? If so, can you follow these steps and see what you find?

Facebook Preferences > Account Preferences > Apps

And from there remove any apps that you don't want/need?

Kevin

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We got a new theory that we'd like you to try. Been getting some initial success.

Kevin
I have a burner account with no friends, but when I get access to my phone I'll check that process flow and see if there are any apps which somehow made it on there.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Have had this going on for 3 days now...

Cycles from the sponsored links to the thread but not to the area of Quick Reply. I have to move up the screen to be able to continue my quick reply. After about 30 seconds it does it again...

I am not experiencing it right now though..

Safari, Mac OS Sierra.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts

Kevin
No Facebook account, no Twitter, no unnecessary apps.

Usung Safari browser on the iPad. Cleared the browser cache, including cookies.

jb

·
Administrator
412 Posts
No Facebook account, no Twitter, no unnecessary apps.

Usung Safari browser on the iPad. Cleared the browser cache, including cookies.

jb
Dang. I've been getting some good reports from others about it working, but could be that they are coming from other sources. No one else uses the same ipad who might have logged into FB?

For now jb, keep the links for the popups coming

Kevin

·
Registered
507 Posts
Have had this going on for 3 days now...

Cycles from the sponsored links to the thread but not to the area of Quick Reply. I have to move up the screen to be able to continue my quick reply. After about 30 seconds it does it again...

I am not experiencing it right now though..

Safari, Mac OS Sierra.

I will add to this post.

I have not observed the anomaly that I posted as of yet but I remember one fact which I have not seen again...

The ad that was at the bottom of the page was a video that was looping about every 15 seconds... Each time it would start the problem would occur.

Jim

1 - 20 of 28 Posts