TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting bigger foot pegs for awhile. But after seeing all my friends break their aftermarket ones on thier first rides. I decided to modify the exsisting steet ones. 1" strap, a hammer, a welder, a grinder and some free time. They are 1/3 wider and 1/4" longer and much stronger, reinforced seams. Oh ya and some rattle can krylon.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Nice work.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Nicely done. Maybe some day I'll try a set of fat footpegs. Never felt a need for them. Maybe it's because I always wear traction soles and a hard shank. If anything, I have a problem with my boots hanging up on the pegs when I want to put a foot down.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Nicely done. Maybe some day I'll try a set of fat footpegs. Never felt a need for them. Maybe it's because I always wear traction soles and a hard shank. If anything, I have a problem with my boots hanging up on the pegs when I want to put a foot down.

Once you've had them you never go back. The only issue I have with them on a TW is that on longer rides they really exagerate the awareness of the unequal stagger in the pegs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
But after seeing all my friends break their aftermarket ones on thier first rides.

@ demarko69

Were the ones that broke the steel aftermarket from china or the aluminum ones? Thanks.

The steel ones we have seem pretty strong. I almost purchased the aluminum ones by mistake.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@ demarko69

Were the ones that broke the steel aftermarket from china or the aluminum ones? Thanks.

The steel ones we have seem pretty strong. I almost purchased the aluminum ones by mistake.

dont know who/where they were made but definitly aluminum

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
@ demarko69

ebay and from cali

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
If you hit the cast STEEL versions (sold by D2MOTO, et al) hard enough to break them you'll need to scrap the rest of the bike along with them. lol.

I'm torn between Demarko-izing a pair of stockers and building the 3/4" offset into the left peg, or lengthening a left footpeg bracket.

He does such nice work I think I'll just send him the pieces so I won't chip a nail..

·
Registered
908 Posts
If you hit the cast STEEL versions (sold by D2MOTO, et al) hard enough to break them you'll need to scrap the rest of the bike along with them. lol.

I agree. I nailed my cheap (cast steel) wide pegs on many rocks in Moab and they held up great...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hey All,

I tried the larger pegs, but , being vertically challenged I found them in the way when placing my feet down at a stop, exacerbated by off camber stops.

I moved the larger pegs to D's bike and she seems to be good with them, although she has also bumped her leg on them a couple times.

I have been pretty happy with the stockers, so no biggie for me on the pegs, I'm working hard on a protector for the shift/brake levers though as I can't seem to keep 'em straight!

Bag

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i wear a size thirteen shoe, no steel shank in my sole so after awhile standing and going over obsticles my arches hurt. cost me nothing but time.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

The aluminum pegs that I bought were through Norco/Corona area. They credited my paypal account immediately.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts