TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: The issue (with my post, at least) has been resolved. Thank you.

I posted a new thread here in the Off Topic section yesterday, and now it's just gone. I can only assume that a moderator deleted it. I did not break any forum rules that I know of: it was not racist, sexist, etc.; It was not political; I didn't swear in it (pretty sure...).

This is unfortunately not the first time this has happened here at TW forum. I do not appreciate my threads/posts getting randomly edited without my knowledge or consent and/or permanently deleted for no apparent reason. This kind of nonsense needs to STOP, seriously! Maybe that isn't what happened here; perhaps there has been some technical issue or something. As I said, though, I can only assume that a moderator deleted my thread; that would be the most likely cause of its suddenly vanishing.

This time, my thread entitled "Ocotillo Wells Camping/4x4, Update on Rain-proofing Camper Shell, and Jeep Gladiator" appears to have been totally deleted by a mod, without so much as a warning or notification that I need to change something in it that broke rules, or even a courtesy notice letting me know it was deleted for X reason(s). I spent at least a solid half hour writing up that thread, probably more, and now it's just completely gone. This is not cool.

If anyone could let me know what has happened/why and/or reinstate that post, that would be great...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I firmly believe that this is a tech issue. There are posts (in addition to yours) that I read this AM that are no longer there. Furthermore, the main forum page is showing newest posts being over 20hrs old will in the sub-forums there are ones less than an hour old. "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!"

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully, you guys are right, as that would certainly be preferable to my initial assumption. In any case, I hope these missing posts are still out there somewhere and can be put back as they were.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Same has happened to me so don't fret. Of course in my case I may have composed a wonderful anecdote and then signed-off without posting it. A combination of old age and being an imbecile.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Brother KJ, no moderator has deleted your thread or anyone else's for that matter. The forum has been messed up for days displaying threads and posts. It is a tech issue. Supposedly they have been working on it.

NOTE TO SITE OWNERS: FIX YOUR WEBSITE, YOU ARE FRUSTRATING AND LOSING MEMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
wow you guys are so right i replied to a classified from Nordic and today it shows zero replies so posts are being dropped. Forums are bought up to sell advertising and I'm sure they saw a popular, steady and always growing forum with good engagement by users over time and they thought they could sell Ford trucks and other stuff TW owners have no interest in. After a few year experiment I think we have been relegated to the red headed step child category.

I have always lamented not buying the forum from Chopper Charles back in the day !

Forum owners please sell this piddly TW forum to the users here to run as our own little coop and we will be forever greatful !!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Are you guys getting pop-up videos that constantly appear. When I try to close them they usually go full screen. This is one more kick in the [email protected]+$.

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
KJ - as LT suggests, no-one has deleted anything – it’s a site glitch - (I actually gave your post a “like”, and I still can’t find where it went)

As you will be aware, any techy people involved in internet development like to complicate things until it doesn’t work anymore, so that they can then solve the puzzle – it’s a bit like doing a crossword puzzle on an Etch-a-Sketch – they’re never happy once it’s completed

This “self-perpetuating” employment opportunity has led to things such as the development of “Quantum Computing”, and so the theory of “Schrodinger’s Cat” comes into play

I have now “mentioned” this error to VSAdmin, and if I receive a reply that doesn’t say “Depends on when you looked”, I’ll get back to you …….

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Nope...every post I made today has been bumped off today's recent threads....so I'm really feeling it too.

And...this thread will probably be bumped off now too. lol

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Are you guys getting pop-up videos that constantly appear. When I try to close them they usually go full screen. This is one more kick in the [email protected]+$.
I'd recommend downloading and installing Ublock origin. I'm not sure if there is a version for other browsers (I use Google Chrome), but if not, you can always download/install Google Chrome and then add the Ublock extension to the Chrome browser. It will generally block nonsense like that. It sounds like you might have some serious computer issues, though, so you might want to also look into uninstalling/deleting stuff (if there is spyware trash actually running in the background on your computer).

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
"Self perpetuating employment opportunities". Haha, I like that, Purple ;)

For now at least, my thread is back up and looks all good. Hopefully, it will stay that way. Apparently, I erred in assuming the thread was deleted, but to be fair to myself, at least I did acknowledge the possibility of a tech-issues cause. I've had issues with one or two moderators once or twice over the years, so that seemed most probable. I am glad that was not the case. Then again, on second thought, I guess there have been a few technical issues before as well. Anyway, most of the mods here seem reasonable and considerate. So, good job y'all!

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
VSAdmin have informed me that they're running a "back end re-build" that should stabilise things - "normal service will be resumed shortly" ......

·
Registered
507 Posts
VSAdmin have informed me that they're running a "back end re-build" that should stabilise things - "normal service will be resumed shortly" ......
Please explain what a "Back end re-build is? Does it have something to do with HEMORRHOIDS or what? :evil6:

Jim

1 - 20 of 34 Posts