TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Rotopax had their Fuelpax mount on sale for $19, so I ordered one along with a 1 gallon Rotopax. I got the mount but the tank will be a few days. As per Cycleracks, the bracket on my bag support is their for a fuel can. As you can see in the photos, it goes on fine, but my question is...Does the body plastic have to be trimed in order for the fuel can to fit without the bag support sticking out? I'm not patient enough to wait till I receive my can to find out. Anyone mounted in this location? J

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just had a buddy weld this for me across the cyclerack

IMG_3141.JPG IMG_3145.JPG

·
Registered
996 Posts
I think it pushed against the plastic on the bike some. I ended up mounting the rotopax on the outside for two reasons. You have to swing out the pannier to get the gas can off - and if you have stuff on the top rack (like a hard box bolted on, extending over the sides); you would have to remove that stuff first. And; I wanted to be able to swap the panniers to the front rack - which did not work with the rotopax on the inside.

GOPR0019a.jpg

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your mod is awesome centralwarider. Why didn't you go with a bigger can to fill the space and give more area to put stuff on top of it? Then sell me the 1 gallon! ;)

Im pretty set on using that spot, even if I have to cut plastic. It's otherwise unused space, and since I use dry bags on the sides and top accessing the can is just a matter of unclipping the strap on my bag supports. I can see how that could be a PITA with some of y'alls set ups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts