TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show off some pics of some cosmetic changes I've made to my 2000. I bought it looking like this last summer

bike.jpg

Since then I changed the sprockets, chain and put on new tires. I also have a pelican case for the back not pictured.

IMG_6113.JPG
IMG_6115.JPG

Nothing major, but I think it looks a lot better. It's not as drastic and great as some of the other mods on here, but I had never done any work on a bike before so it was a fun challenge. Plus I wanted to prove to my doubting brother that I could do it. :D

Thanks!

Registered
Looks good! Keep up the fine work. Maybe a white front fender?

Tom

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
The handlebars were replaced, but not by me. I forgot to mention that.

Any tips for removing the stickers? I like the TW on the tank, but I'd like to remove the blue and grey/black lines. They're stuck on really well.

Registered
The handlebars were replaced, but not by me. I forgot to mention that.

Any tips for removing the stickers? I like the TW on the tank, but I'd like to remove the blue and grey/black lines. They're stuck on really well.
A little hot air from a heat gun will melt the glue and make them peel, just be careful not to do TOO MUCH heat on the plastics. If you don't have a heat gun, a hair dryer may do the trick. Any remaining residue should come off with some "Goo gone" which is a small bottle of citric acid based goo remover available at most hardware stores.

Registered
They are clear coated over. I wouldn't mess with it.
Or at least mine was.
This^^^^^^^^^^ You will ruin the paint on your tank. Save some money and when you have enough get a Clarke tank in whichever color you prefer.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts