TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That was cool. Wow what a steep hill. At first I thought no one would make it. I was surprised by the amount of 2 strokes. Some of the ones that made were really good riders. The key seemed to be controlled torque and of course traction applied smoothly. I didn’t see any small displacement bikes so no I don’t think a TW could make it even with high gearing, an ATV tire and extended swing arm. An electric powered bike would be ideal. Surprised no one seems to have tried that maybe it is not allowed.

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
I've looked like some of those riders on a hill-climb before...the riders which don't make it that is!

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe a TW could make it going ​down the hill, assuming a stout anchor and chain dragged behind.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Seeing the loose dirt and riders trying to ride up in one gear and breaking traction I was on the fence for a while. But after seeing a rider or two gear down and lug up it I think it's possible. But it would take a very skilled rider who knows a TW well. Maybe with an ATV tire, extended swing arm, large back sprocket, quick shifting up and down the gear range with some clutch slipping....I've done some steep climbs but very short ones. 80% the rider 20% the ride....that would take one hell of a rider on one hell of a TW.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately the physics dictate that the amount energy required to lift weight of bike and rider to top of most hill climb competitions is best delivered by monster motors and steel paddles.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
No, never in a million years.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
I have bought a couple TWs that looked like they tried and failed! I would be a gambling man that a TW would never make it to the top. Not enough power to get the needed speed in the bottom half.

GaryL

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
That's were the J.A.T.O.'s come in. Light a couple off and you will have more than enough speed to top any hill!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts