TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Moose Racing Folding Shift Lever

15K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  rm_hm 
#1 ·
If anyone is interested in installing the Moose version of folding shift lever the part number is: 1602-0121. The application is Yamaha YZ-125 & YZ-250 (2005-2008). OEMCYCLE.com price is $29.95. Lever is a couple of inches longer (reaches farther forward) than stock and a nice improvement. The folding section is about the same as stock. The above part number / price is for the steel model.

#2 ·
I love my folding lever! Even if I were to snap the folding end off, there is still enough meat on the end of it to shift your way home.

I bought mine from http://pitposse.com/poanshle.html (Application YZ-250 (2005-2008)

+1

#8 ·
Has anyone found a folding tip shifter that is the same size as the stock shifter? The above pics are of a shifter that is longer and also sticks out more. I would end up bending it for sure on my off road rides. Capt D.

#9 ·
That's why I took mine off and went back to the stock one. I take the new one as a spare. Just in case.

#11 ·
so my shifter was too short with new boots, and twisted like spaghetti....

(note the beautiful sine curve)

i was wary of snapping the aluminum shifter (though i assume they have thought of this at the design level, and built them for motocross racers with more demanding needs) so i opted for a oem steel shifter from a yz250.

link here

i need to 'relearn' how to shift as this one sticks out further, with the old one i had to cock my foot in towards the motor, now with that motion i miss the tip and hook the lever arm.

now much easier with my boots.

(megan fox's thumb provided for mr bracket's benefit
)

#17 ·
Mine has taken a few hits but still looks good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.