TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Will these fit or do you recommend a different brand?
I have a brand new set of the Moose brand hand guards in my garage but they will not work with my aftermarket Fly handlebars. They look like they will work fine on the factory bars though.

Tom

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I installed them on the stock TW bars and it took a bit of modification around the cross bar and I had to file slots in the inner aluminum support brackets and do a little bending. They certainly are very strong. When I changed the bar to the Pro Taper ATV High bars they fit perfect and I absolutely loved those different bars and the guards. I am just under 5 feet 11 inches tall and could not stand on the pegs with the stock bars but could with the new ones. No risers needed and the cables had plenty of slack. These were on the older drum front brakes so I don't know about the reservoir and lines on the disc set up.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I installed Moose Racing hand guards without a problem several years ago. I did drill an extra hole in the end of the bar to allow a better position for the clamp but that probably would not have been necessary had I bent the bar a bit more. If you look carefully you can see the extra hole on the medial end of the bar. The one I used to attach was easily drilled in the aluminum bar. Moose Racing white plastic is actually yellowish after time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts