TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed front and rear CycleRacks on my T'Dub - GREAT products albeit a bit spendy. I live in the midst of redwood forests and mixed oak woods, a mile up a dirt/rock road the rises a thousand feet from my mailbox to the house, a mile apart. From time to time, trees go down across the main road, or on one of my many, many trails though the woods, so I need to get in with a chainsaw. In the past, that meant using my trusty '75 Jeep CJ-5 which is not the most maneuverable beast in tight woods, or walking in with the equipment. Ah, T'Dub to the rescue.

Here is my solution to the problem (all from Moose Racing and the Motorcycle SuperStore: quick mount system ($39.95), extension ($18.95), and a chainsaw mount ($78.95). Much of this can be homemade if you have a welder and the time (I do but I also had the $ at the time).

The mount on the rack - it's designed for a Moose rack on an ATV but it works great on the CycleRack (could be welded on under the rack if you needed the top flat):

The extension clears the tail light:

The saw mounts securely and rattles are minimumal - about what one expects with a receiver hitch arrangement:

Here is the unit on my T'Dub with my cheapo trunk and bags installed:

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
looks great. i love the redwoods and the associated chaparral. i'm in san jose, maybe we can meet up some time for a ride.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks great. i love the redwoods and the associated chaparral. i'm in san jose, maybe we can meet up some time for a ride.

JoeBand, I'm up at the top of Redwood Retreat Rd just SW of Morgan Hill. Lots of trails up here to ride -- You can ride from my house to Hwy 17 and never touch pavement. Drop me a PM sometime and maybe we can get together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts