TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Here's one,just about how many cases of success have there been in fixing bigger engines on your t-dubs?I've been floating the idea, but I kynda freak out at the thought of it not working.....

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Tdub2 is 267cc and peak torque is almost double stock, with significantly more area under the curve. Better have a fat wallet. The EFI alone was almost $900.

Displacement alone won't make much difference as the air flow limits of a mild cam and small carb choke the stock displacement. If you have a few hundred dollars to spend, a mild cam and matching springs will provide the most bang for the bolt-in buck. Follow that up with a bigger carb and custom airbox with a free-flowing filter (low buck trick would be a TT-R 230 carb) and you'll notice a big difference in power without much compromise in efficiency or durability. Aftermarket exhaust will tend to add peak power, but at some cost of low/midrange and torque curve width, which can be a problem with the wide ratios of the top gears of stock transmission. Exhaust would be the last thing I'd change if I wanted more power--the stocker is actually pretty good, other than being heavy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts