TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Never too soon to start planning next seasons adventures. With a little preparation and available time our little machines can take us camping and exploring in some pretty neat places. Here are just a few of the memories from the other year I drag back home courtesy of the TW.

I take my dogs for limited runs at times, then leave them at camp. Comfortable footwear is important as I like to get off the bike and explore on foot. New Forma Adventure boots seem a good match to provide protection and waterproofing while also permitting a little scrabbling on foot.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
...that is if they are willing to follow. For some reason folks question my alleged "easy rides". Some can be smooth, serene and scenic. I do try to keep at least 3 feet from any cliff edges.;)

Besides, never know who or what you may encounter on the road. Antelope.jpg

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
hey fred,
what gives?!? at 41 sec in the third video you show the log crossing the trail... and then what? do you guys jump it, or go around in the lake??
;)

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We needed you there Joe to show us how leap that log.
We just stopped for a quick break to admire the beauty then resumed our ride since our camp was another forty miles away on the other side of the Pacific Crest.
No other tracks or footprints there, think we might have been the first ones up there that year. I felt a little guilty even leaving our tread marks on the beach since they would rob future visitors of the same sense of discovery that we were enjoying.
A sort of hidden gem one finds on Google Earth, I tried re-visiting there twice this year but was stopped by snow then later high water as trail-head crosses the spillway of another gorgeous lake. Next year...makes the perfect moto-camp destination since it is inaccessible to 4-wheelers and most others stop at the first perfectly acceptable lake.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pavement anyone? This ride is popular with sport bikes, cruisers, adventure bikes and the occasional TW. The scrapes and drag marks in some of the hairpins attest to the enthusiasm some riders must show. A car's ballistic skid marks rocketing off the road around 1:40 near the bicycle also show some drivers and riders are better than others.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another good run is through this narrow corridor bisecting the Mokulunme Wilderness between the Blue Lakes off Hwy 88 and Hermit Valley on Hwy 4. We played in this gentle stream repeatedly before
completing about 8 miles of steeply eroded bouldery jeep road.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Another good run is through this narrow corridor bisecting the Mokulunme Wilderness between the Blue Lakes off Hwy 88 and Hermit Valley on Hwy 4. We played in this gentle stream repeatedly before completing about 8 miles of steeply eroded bouldery jeep road.
!!! next week i'll have to post a pic that should look familiar!

silly tony! that's not a horse, it's a skinny, drought stricken cow!

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
In the meantime how about a little desert single track? A little mud, some sand, a little rutted downhill then a nice long sandy climb. What could be better? 720p resolution as always in my videos.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
You read my mind fred! right when i was about to comment on what a great rider you are as evidenced by betty's still stock mirrors... bam! 37 seconds to MUD!

fred.jpg
AND i was thinking (again) how unfair you never include a glam shot of betty... bam! BUT wait right there a cotton-picking-minute! what's with showing betty like that?!?
i know she's a young filly, but have you no shame?? all sprawled out, rolling in the hay (and dirt) like that, looks more mustang ranch than high desert.

BETTY!
488853981.jpg

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forum Member, friend and riding partner Adam-in-Nevada got me started on a joint relief medication for my old arthritic dog and it really seemed to help the old black guy keep up on a run to our favorite spring with a much clawed big cedar tree used by my four footed neighbors.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Fresh remix of a fun summer ride. Friends attending Group Rides here might recognize a tree trunk and a rock or two.:)

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since it is so cold on Christmas for many how about a sunny re-run from Sand Flat area during Moab2015?
One of my favorites...maybe because of the cute music, maybe because it reminds me of the generosity of Judge Borneo who loaned me his bike for this ride.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More summer memories wandering the Tahoe National Forest with Adam-in-Nevada in vicinity of Stampede Resivoir and Verdi Peak.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sometimes just quietly poking along in first gear on a solo camp-n-ride provides all the fun I need at a safe and sane speed. TWs are great at this for getting into and enjoying interesting places.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts